Sizing a Mask Pattern (Amazing Spider Man)

Novat

Hey guys, recently I drew a pattern for an Amazing Spider Man mask, based on the pattern of McL34N's and a few other people's with a similar design. I would like to get it printed, but I've hit a rut, as I'm not sure how to size it correctly to fit my head. Do I measure from top of the head, to the jaw? Or perhaps somewhere else?

This isn't the full pattern by any means, but merely the basic shape. Any help is appreciated!

-Cole

Pattern representation

Last edited:
Easiest thing to do: buy some lycra/spandex from a local fabric store and mock up your pattern...even just by hand sewing it. You'll quickly get a sense for what size would fit you and your head the best.

-Nick

Thanks for the input, that's what I'll just have to do. Do you think that it would be easiest to print out the outline of the pattern onto some paper (to a size which seems reasonable) and use that as a guideline, of which I can either size up or size down, or just cut it into the shape of pattern as best as I can and go from there? Thanks again.

-Cole

So long as you don't have a shortage of paper, I'd print it out on paper and trace it onto the fabric.

-Nick

What I did is I bought a really cheap spidey mask and took it apart. And retraced it bigger onto an underarmor Tshirt.
Then sewn it back together and kept making adjustments until it fit right.
Here's a quick Rorschach mask I made using this method. Not the best, but it was fun.
image.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back