Silicone with chrome solid effect

Is the casting actually made of silicone? Maybe, but you're going to have some issues getting the paint to stick.

TazMan2000

The base color will affect the color coat itself. Anything Mirra chrome related will need a smooth gloss black base. That base is as important as the overcoat with Mirra chrome. I've had to do silicone break away mirrors this way. Get the silicone tinted as black as possible then dust it with Mirra chrome. You will not be able to handle it however so it's use is limited.
Prior to that I had used clear silicone with a mirrored mylar backing then buffed the surface of the clear silicone with a fine mesh aluminum powder. It was a good enough reflection to pass on camera. But not a mirror reflection.

TazMan2000
It's for a future project, so I thought to mix on the liquid silicone a chrome paint but need to know if someone had already do it or already see it :)

robstyle
Oh ok...unfortunately, it's aproject will be manipulated...

Mirra chrome is a kind of chrome color/paint?

Mirra chrome and other air brush applied chromed paints are all pretty much the same thing. And expensive. Just Google Mirra chrome. See if you can find anything off that research that works with silicone.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back