Sideshow Predator bust 1:1

Tez

Heya guys,

Just wanted to get some feedback from those rpf members that may already have purchased a Sideshow Predator 1:1 bust in the last year or so.

I just saw one at my local collectable store and was blown away by it.

Those that have it, are you stoked with it and being a large piece, how do you display it in your movie memorabilia collections? If I get it, I'll have to radically re-think how to display it as it won't fit in my Collection cabinet alongside my MR LE Sabers and GG statues, and I gotta keep it away from my cat if it's not in a display case lol

Just trying to convince myself to pick one up. They sell for $1,400AUD.

The matching Aliens 1:1 bust is there too and looks awesome too. Does anyone know if it is harder to get one or the other in today's market, as I understand that the supplier is completely sold out of stock of both, but there may still be pieces floating around.

I noticed the new Predator AVPR Bust 1:1 coming out, however I don't think it looks as good as the original! The new AVPR mask looks awesome too!

thanks guys
Tez

I like theyre both great collectibles - and I've been tempted in the past to get both. They're both pretty expensive to buy (sorry not sure how much $1400AUD is in real money - the Queen's Pounds, Shilllings and Pence :lol). But if anything both have appreciated in price - especially in Europe where there arent many of them knocking around so seem to attract a premium on ebay.

Of the two I'd say the Alein is the harder to get - and my personal favourite.

Here's a page on the Pred...
http://www.aqpa87.dsl.pipex.com/scifihelmets/Pred Sideshow.htm

And one for the Alien
http://www.aqpa87.dsl.pipex.com/scifihelmets/Alien Sideshow.htm

Cheers

Jez

Brought mine off ebay when they were first released, fairly lucky as it was cheaper than buying it here in NZ (why buy local when it can be brought cheaper overseas). Though the prices on the have steadily risen since my purchase. I paid $1,050NZ for mine all up including postage (avoided paying extra tax via customs)

No matter how many times I look at the Predator I still get goosebumps, its that cool in person.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back