Limited Run Shawshank Redemption - Andy's Chess Pieces

Awesome project! Sorry, this might be a silly question but if you purchase a set do the pieces come in actual carved soapstone and alabaster? Or are they silicon moulds that look like the two stones?

Last edited:
Awesome project! Sorry, this might be a silly question but if you purchase a set do the pieces come in actual carved soapstone and alabaster? Or are they silicon moulds that look like the two stones?

Thanks Stewart! These pieces were 3D modelled using photos of the actual chess set that Frank Darabont donated for auction. The pieces are 3D printed resin and the machine used is an Elegoo Saturn 4K printer. I modelled the pieces so that they look un-weathered because everyone has a slightly different eye when it comes to how much weathering is enough. I was able to weather this Queen here in less than 5 minutes with an exacto knife:

Attachments

• IMG_0481.jpg
    IMG_0481.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 65
Last edited:
That looks amazing! I'm rather new to the chess community and I don't know how to weather pieces like that and I am not incredibly crafty. Is there a way to purchase them or get a quote on how much it would cost to buy a weathered set from you, just like how It is done in that photo above? I don't want to buy the set and make a grand mistake in the weathering process that makes the set unusable. Thank you!

That looks amazing! I'm rather new to the chess community and I don't know how to weather pieces like that and I am not incredibly crafty. Is there a way to purchase them or get a quote on how much it would cost to buy a weathered set from you, just like how It is done in that photo above? I don't want to buy the set and make a grand mistake in the weathering process that makes the set unusable. Thank you!

PM sent! :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back