Question Server error message in conversations

The 48th Ronin

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I have repeatedly been trying to reply to a conversation since last night, and I keep getting a server error message that prevents me from sending my message. Is this just me/just this particular user, or is anyone else having the same issue?

I have repeatedly been trying to reply to a conversation since last night, and I keep getting a server error message that prevents me from sending my message. Is this just me/just this particular user, or is anyone else having the same issue?
What is the other username?

I don't see anything that would be causing a problem. Have you tried contacting him using a new conversation?
I did... and got the same error message.

The only thing that I can figure is that there was a link included in the message - could that be the cause of the problem?

I did... and got the same error message.

The only thing that I can figure is that there was a link included in the message - could that be the cause of the problem?
If you are the only two in the conversation that wouldn't be the issue. Are you the only ones?

If you are the only two in the conversation that wouldn't be the issue. Are you the only ones?
Yes, we are the only two.

I just tried sending Dann a new message again - appears to have gone through, but I immediately got another error message - "Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console." And the link doesn't appear to have loaded - it just endlessly churns away, saying that it's loading.

Yes, we are the only two.

I just tried sending Dann a new message again - appears to have gone through, but I immediately got another error message - "Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console." And the link doesn't appear to have loaded - it just endlessly churns away, saying that it's loading.
Any chance that you are able to try a different browser or computer to see if we can attempt to isolate the issuer? The conversation system overall is functioning.

Any chance that you are able to try a different browser or computer to see if we can attempt to isolate the issuer? The conversation system overall is functioning.
I just tried again using Firefox and it seemed to work just fine. I've been using Chrome and strangely it seems that the only issue is with me trying to message Dann - I messaged 6 other members earlier today (using Chrome) and I didn't have any issues with those messages.

I just tried again using Firefox and it seemed to work just fine. I've been using Chrome and strangely it seems that the only issue is with me trying to message Dann - I messaged 6 other members earlier today (using Chrome) and I didn't have any issues with those messages.
I would try clearing your cookies and cache in Chrome to see if that resolves the issue.

I would try clearing your cookies and cache in Chrome to see if that resolves the issue.
You know what... it has to be the link - I just tried another message in Firefox and I included the link and I got the same error. I'm going to send you a message and include the link and we'll see what happens.

Yep, this is what I keep getting - browser doesn't matter:

error.jpg

Must be that specific link - I just messaged you a different link with no trouble.
...and I received the link. Very strange that the one link would generate an error. It could be that the system tries to resolve the link and for some reason it can't, maybe because a login is required (just guessing).

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back