SeaQuest DSV props

Rick Hanson

Sr Member
With the recent release (and my subsequent purchase) of SeaQuest DSV, Season 1 on DVD, I have a renewed interest in both the show and its props. I know there are a few members here who have both replica and screen-used pieces, and I'm curious to see what's out there.

Also, if you haven't picked up the DVD set, grab it. The quality is as good as can be expected from what's probably a 12-year-old 3/4" tape transfer to disc, which is actually pretty good, and how can you not love the show anyway? :D

"Darwin love Bridger."
 

synasp

Sr Member
aw man, should've archived that huge thread we had of SeaQuest props a while back. To get things started, a screen used rifle:
[attachmentid=5765]
 

eltee

Sr Member
Here's my DSV rifle. From the 3rd Season, episode was titled "Brainlock."



As seen on screen:

 

Martin-El

Well-Known Member
A few new aquisitions since last posted on this subject -
Finally managed to get a suitable mannequin for my costumes and a great cabinet for my props. By now it must be the largest collection of SQ in the UK...But that's really not saying much. With the release of the DVD (long overdue but excellent) Hopefully a bigger fanbase will emerge. In the meantime, enjoy the pics.. :)


My cabinet display;




My stunt Pulse Pistol;




Jonathan Brandis screenused SQ crew watch;




Season 2/3 female seasuit; (still in the market for a male one - PM me)




Male SQ crew shirt (with store bought cap)




Screenused 'Property Of' and UEO t-shirts;





A UEO guard uniform;





And now the big hitters - Marco Sanchez wetsuit from season 2 promo shots;




And Don Franklin's Dress Uniform jacket from 'The last lap at luxury'





Oh. and this is my mannequin base;





Enjoy.
 

SbsAgent

New Member
Originally posted by The Propman@Jan 6 2006, 09:23 AM
Here is a link to just a few of my screen used props from one of the best shows out there . If you have any questions please fill free to PM me.

Thanks

The Propman.


http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Bouleva...perty_room.html
[snapback]1152008[/snapback]​
Newbie post, coming through. look out. Ok i am fessing up already so back up off me Jeff ( Borgdrone )
the SOB keeps telling me i am not alone in the crazy world of seaquest collecting and that there is another, i though i was all alone. so here goes a few of my humble things i have collected over the years. everybody has a cross to bear, mine is my seaquest collections which is slowly but surely taken over just about everything else. i have , shelves full of stuff , walls covered, and a closet full of costumes. Hope you all enjoy. i just realised i dont have pictures of all my cool stuff, whipping out the camera as we speak, we post some more later. thanks again.

thanks

SbsAgent
 

Bradleyfett

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Here is a link to a smattering of the SQ props I 'ended up with' after I worked on the show for two years:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mommydawn200...n2000/my_photos

I haven't labeled most of the pics, so I'm happy to answer any question about specific items.

Probably my favorite prop is the season 1 POC (the folding computer). Its a great little design the was featured very infrequently on the show during season 1. I may have the only surviving unmodified unit- most were hacked up/repainted for use in the other two seasons.

The POC I have has a lighted screen (the graphic on it is really wrinkled)- this one was seen in the last scene of the episode 'Such Great Patience'.

My second favorite prop is the season 1 (orange) Vpal communicator- another cool design.

If anyone can help me identify the computer prop in the 3rd and 4th picture, I'd appreciate it. I believe it was a season 1 prop, so those of you with the DVD set, keep an eye out for it as you watch. It has a lighted screen and two slots that fit floppy disks.

I also have a lot more costume items that I don't have pictures of yet, as well as a large collection of uniform/costume patches from the show (many of which I designed). Some day now that I have a digital camera, I'll put together a real website of all my stuff.

Mark
 

Rick Hanson

Sr Member
Awesome stuff, everyone. I was afraid the thread had died already. :)

Tomorrow is going to be SeaQuest Marathon Day for me. I'm going to watch as many episodes as time allows for, and probably do it on the computer so I can start scren-capping stuff I think I could build. Having these great shots of *real* props and costumes is a wonderful bonus. :D

(edit) SbsAgent, I just noticed your glowing squid poo. That's the best prop EVER. :lol
 

Bradleyfett

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Originally posted by SbsAgent@Jan 7 2006, 04:55 PM

Newbie post, coming through. look out. Ok i am fessing up already so back up off me Jeff ( Borgdrone )
the SOB keeps telling me i am not alone in the crazy world of seaquest collecting and that there is another, i though i was all alone. so here goes a few of my humble things i have collected over the years. everybody has a cross to bear, mine is my seaquest collections which is slowly but surely taken over just about everything else. i have , shelves full of stuff , walls covered, and a closet full of costumes. Hope you all enjoy. i just realised i dont have pictures of all my cool stuff, whipping out the camera as we speak, we post some more later. thanks again.

thanks

SbsAgent
[snapback]1153129[/snapback]​

Cool stuff SbsAgent. I recognize some of my own handywork in your pics (the COAs from the big auction, the Deon Logos, SQ crew watch.) That storyboad is by artist Mark Simon, who still works in the Orlando area- I just saw him the other day in fact.

I'd love to know what all you have that you haven't photographed.

Mark
 

Martin-El

Well-Known Member
Forgot to add my SQ Crew jacket. This thing is just gorgeous;




Check out the sleeve detail;



I also have dozens of continuity polaroids and a portfolio of artwork. Not strictly props are the character models I did for a proposed SQ fanfic animation.

Bridger;




And Mariah the Dagger;

 

Skyler101

Sr Member
Originally posted by Bradleyfett@Jan 7 2006, 05:13 PM
Probably my favorite prop is the season 1 POC (the folding computer).  Its a great little design the was featured very infrequently on the show during season 1.  I may have the only surviving unmodified unit- most were hacked up/repainted for use in the other two seasons.

The POC I have has a lighted screen (the graphic on it is really wrinkled)- this one was seen in the last scene of the episode 'Such Great Patience'.

Was the POC built out of a child's electronic game/learning toy? For some reason, I get a tremor in the force that tells me that I have seen that design before... For some reason, Im thinking outa Hong Kong in the early 90's.

Anyone know what POC stands for?

-Skyler101
 

Martin-El

Well-Known Member
It was SEAPOC -

SeaQuest Personal Onboard Computer.

An excellent mini version of it came with the Playmates figures. :)
 

Bradleyfett

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Originally posted by Skyler101@Jan 8 2006, 12:59 PM


Was the POC built out of a child's electronic game/learning toy? For some reason, I get a tremor in the force that tells me that I have seen that design before... For some reason, Im thinking outa Hong Kong in the early 90's.


-Skyler101
[snapback]1153750[/snapback]​
I don't think so, but I'm not sure. The props themselves were cast pieces, but its possible the original shape may have come from something. I tend to think that it was an original design and build- there was a lot of design and construction that went into the beginning of the show.

Mark
 

Bradleyfett

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Originally posted by GELForever@Jan 8 2006, 12:45 PM
I also have dozens of continuity polaroids and a portfolio of artwork.  Not strictly props are the character models I did for a proposed SQ fanfic animation.

B

Nice work GELForever- you've really captured the characters.

Mark
 

SbsAgent

New Member
Originally posted by Pilot@Jan 7 2006, 06:10 PM
Awesome stuff, everyone. I was afraid the thread had died already. :)

Tomorrow is going to be SeaQuest Marathon Day for me. I'm going to watch as many episodes as time allows for, and probably do it on the computer so I can start scren-capping stuff I think I could build. Having these great shots of *real* props and costumes is a wonderful bonus. :D

(edit) SbsAgent, I just noticed your glowing squid poo. That's the best prop EVER. :lol
[snapback]1153182[/snapback]​
Thanks for the kind words about my " fecal pelet " collecting fish poo, or the correctly known " biologic " poo is not for the faint hearted, its takes months to get rid of that smell, i mean didnt you hear, cant you smell .
 

SbsAgent

New Member
[attachmentid=5936]scanner used by ortiz in second season episode [attachmentid=5932]" by any other name "
Originally posted by Bradleyfett+Jan 7 2006, 06:13 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bradleyfett @ Jan 7 2006, 06:13 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-SbsAgent
@Jan 7 2006, 04:55 PM

Newbie post, coming through. look out. Ok i am fessing up already so back up off me Jeff ( Borgdrone )
the SOB keeps telling me i am not alone in the crazy world of seaquest collecting and that there is another, i though i was all alone. so here goes a few of my humble things i have collected over the years. everybody has a cross to bear, mine is my seaquest collections which is slowly but surely taken over just about everything else. i have , shelves full of stuff , walls covered, and a closet full of costumes. Hope you all enjoy. i just realised i dont have pictures of all my cool stuff, whipping out the camera as we speak, we post some more later. thanks again.

thanks

SbsAgent
[snapback]1153129[/snapback]​

Cool stuff SbsAgent. I recognize some of my own handywork in your pics (the COAs from the big auction, the Deon Logos, SQ crew watch.) That storyboad is by artist Mark Simon, who still works in the Orlando area- I just saw him the other day in fact.

I'd love to know what all you have that you haven't photographed.

Mark
[snapback]1153184[/snapback]​
[/b]
Hey mark, so i have some of your handy work. well i am surely not worthy. PM and let me know what you worked on, i would love to hear any good stories. well i goofed around a little tonight and i think i have pictures of some of the other seaquest items. my prised item didnt even come from the show, but it shows how dedicated, which is a polite way of saying geeky, i am. so here goes
 

SbsAgent

New Member
well that about does it for tonight. thanks for looking , and thanks to all of you for your kind words about my humble collection.
 

Bradleyfett

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'll try to come up with some stories for you in a bit. One tidbit about that 'SQ Crew' watch- those were something done up by us in the art department. The set designer Tricia Eckoff brought in a magazine add for putting your company logo on a watch. We chose two styles that looked 'seaQuest-ie', and took orders from anyone in the crew who wanted them. The idea was to have something that looked like it 'could' be used on screen, but it actually wasn't. I did the artwork for the logo to send in. As I recall we ended up doing several mass orders as they were so popular with everyone.

Mark
 

SbsAgent

New Member
Originally posted by Bradleyfett@Jan 12 2006, 09:40 PM
I'll try to come up with some stories for you in a bit.  One tidbit about that 'SQ Crew' watch- those were something done up by us in the art department.  The set designer Tricia Eckoff brought in a magazine add for putting your company logo on a watch.  We chose two styles that looked 'seaQuest-ie', and took orders from anyone in the crew who wanted them.  The idea was to have something that looked like it 'could' be used on screen, but it actually wasn't.  I did the artwork for the logo to send in.  As I recall we ended up doing several mass orders as they were so popular with everyone.

Mark
[snapback]1157300[/snapback]​
Hey Mark, thanks for the tidbit, is there anyway of knowing who got what watch, or are they all the same? Let me know if you have any interesting stories, i would love to hear them.
thanks
Barrie
 
Top