Scratchbuilt Millennium Falcon 1/72nd

As you have built several of these now from several sources, do you find that it's easier to construct from the ground up as you're doing here, or is it easier to modify an existing kit?

As you have built several of these now from several sources, do you find that it's easier to construct from the ground up as you're doing here, or is it easier to modify an existing kit?

It's so much easier to build from the ground up, there's no work to undo or try to work around....I know exactly how every part fits together and how the rest of it will too....

Although the Finemolds' Falcon 'Ford Transmission' piece is nice enough, I felt it looked noticeably off; what you can see here is where I've taken a cast of the Finemolds' transmission, removed the spokes and replaced it with a cast taken from the Bandai Y-Wing. The little 'xx' detail isn't so accurate, but I can always cut that away on the casts I take from this master.

In other news, the aft starboard maintenance well is coming together pleasingly.

Thank you for all the kind words fellow RPFers

Nothing too interest to update, all I've been doing is panel work. As you can see, my process is to map out the panelling as a template, cut each individual panel and then transfer those shapes into styrene. There's probably a faster method, but this seems to be reliable enough for me to not screw up.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back