Scale blade runner spinner

Driver206

Hello,

I have joined the forum hoping to get some help and information if possible.

I am looking to build a scale model of gaffs 44 spinner. I would ideally like to make it as accurate as possible.

From what I have found online there are various options to start. The fujimi 1/24 kit seems like a good starting point, from others experience is this correct? Or is 3d printing the way to go?

As for the interior I have found upgrade photoetch kits but I would like to possibly go into further detail, from scratch if needs be. Where would be the best place to see a detailed interior layout, if it exists?

Is there a decal kit for the exterior or would I have to create these myself?

Finally I would love to include lighting if possible, I'm assuming I would need to create this from scratch so if anyone has any information that would be greatly appreciated.

I might be going down completely the wrong path so thought I would seek help before going too far.

Thank you

Thank you. Looks like it's going to be a bit of a learning curve to achieve what I had in mind. Might have to start small and work my way up. Really appreciate the replies

Thank you. Looks like it's going to be a bit of a learning curve to achieve what I had in mind. Might have to start small and work my way up. Really appreciate the replies
I don't know where you are in the world... Me I'm in Denmark... Meaning all those cool kits in America are off limits, import costs alone makes it 3 times as expensive.

But... If I could, I'd defenatley go with one of the smaller kits first. Then move up to a garage kit.

Yeh it is a pain. I am in the UK. The only place i can find a kit at a reasonable price is direct from Japan. The only other option that I have found is to 3d print one yourself

Yeh it is a pain. I am in the UK. The only place i can find a kit at a reasonable price is direct from Japan. The only other option that I have found is to 3d print one yourself
The best option for a decent off-the-shelf Spinner kit is the Fujimi 1/24th kit. You can order these on eBay, but you're right that they come from Japan. Mine didn't take that long to arrive, though - two or three weeks as I recall. And it's a beautiful kit, especially if you augment it with the Pargrafix photoetch set, which is easily available.

There are STL files available, but they're of variable quality. And a couple of garage kits too, the best of which are absolutely spectacular and large scale. Of course, they are - quite understandably - much more expensive.

I'd be tempted to go for the Fujimi, myself, as the easiest option for a really nice quality kit of the subject. But then, I would say that, since I built one myself a short time ago! :D

The best option for a decent off-the-shelf Spinner kit is the Fujimi 1/24th kit. You can order these on eBay, but you're right that they come from Japan. Mine didn't take that long to arrive, though - two or three weeks as I recall. And it's a beautiful kit, especially if you augment it with the Pargrafix photoetch set, which is easily available.

There are STL files available, but they're of variable quality. And a couple of garage kits too, the best of which are absolutely spectacular and large scale. Of course, they are - quite understandably - much more expensive.

I'd be tempted to go for the Fujimi, myself, as the easiest option for a really nice quality kit of the subject. But then, I would say that, since I built one myself a short time ago! :D
Did your fujimi kit come with the decal sheet? I can't find anything to suggest the current one they have in stock does, as the models in the photos are plain blue

Did your fujimi kit come with the decal sheet? I can't find anything to suggest the current one they have in stock does, as the models in the photos are plain blue
It did, yes. All the markings, including the various warning labels, hazard markings and even the window 'sticker'. There was even a small sheet of photo-etched "Spinner' logos.

There is one on Amazon currently for $57 with free shipping. I picked one up there last month but it was $67 at that time

I know it is the US site, but I have gotten a few deals where they actually let me order something fulfilled by Amazon UK with free shipping no less as part of some trial program or other. I forget the exact details

There is one on Amazon currently for $57 with free shipping. I picked one up there last month but it was $67 at that time

I know it is the US site, but I have gotten a few deals where they actually let me order something fulfilled by Amazon UK with free shipping no less as part of some trial program or other. I forget the exact details
I followed the link, unfortunately there was no option for delivery. It wouldn't even show in my basket. Thank you anyway though probably order it direct from japan

The Fujimi kit is my recommendation as a start. It has all the decals,the interior photoetch kit is easily available,and there are a few lighting kits that have been made for it. It also has the advantage that there are numerous tutorials online for the build,including the interior. Flimzy is UK based and her scratch built spinner is superb,though I think it’s pretty big ! You could try reaching out to her,but she’s a film professional and is usually very busy. Please keep us updated on your project. I have the Fujimi kit,the interior kit and a lighting kit,but haven’t got around to building it yet,it’s just part of my 18 - odd spinner collection..one day !

Ok I have ordered the fujimi kit, which will hopefully arrive in the next couple of weeks. I have also ordered the paragrafix photoetch kit. The only thing left that I am struggling to source is a lighting kit. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Ok I have ordered the fujimi kit, which will hopefully arrive in the next couple of weeks. I have also ordered the paragrafix photoetch kit. The only thing left that I am struggling to source is a lighting kit. Does anybody have any suggestions?

I know VoodooFX does a lighting kit for the 1/12 scale Randy Cooper spinner. It's pricey, and the components may be a bit large for the 1/24 Fujimi. I know from personal experience of creating my own lighting set-up just how tiny the various lights on the car are, and how little space there is for hiding circuits and wiring!

As an almost off-the-shelf solution, and a bit 'out there', but as you're in the UK it might perhaps be worth considering this kit for the Lego spinner, made by Light-My-Bricks, also based in the UK. I think - though I may be wrong - that the Lego spinner is roughly the same size as the Fujimi. Of course, you'd have to be prepared to do a bit of adapting since the kit is specifically for a Lego build... but the SMDs look to be about the same size as the ones I used and the various connectors look small enough to fit inside the body.

I've no experience with this kit myself so can't vouch for it directly, but it might be worth a look? The detailed instruction sheet is here, which may give you a better idea of the possibilities.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back