Say good-bye to Bondo and Evercoat

brandomack

Sr Member
Who likes to sand?

I dont.

Thats why I use Fairing Compound

Sil-cell microcellular filler

Sil-Cell is a microcellular filler, that when mixed in correct proportion with gelcoat can be hardened with liquid hardener (not cream hardener)

it is EASILY sanded, and way lighter than alternative fillers.

Fairing Compound can be found in most high end yacht building facilites as well as custom fibreglass shops.

I buy mine from the local fibreglass guy for $30 for a large coffee can full.

I have now been saved DAYS of sanding as a result.

Any questions?

PM me.

its like car body filler? but yon can spread it ,more easily? does it adhere better? i wonder if i can get it in uk?

Who likes to sand?

I dont.

Thats why I use Fairing Compound

Sil-cell microcellular filler

Sil-Cell is a microcellular filler, that when mixed in correct proportion with gelcoat can be hardened with liquid hardener (not cream hardener)

it is EASILY sanded, and way lighter than alternative fillers.

Fairing Compound can be found in most high end yacht building facilites as well as custom fibreglass shops.

I buy mine from the local fibreglass guy for $30 for a large coffee can full.

I have now been saved DAYS of sanding as a result.

Any questions?

PM me.

I just noticed it's considered glass. One of the problems with sanding fiberglass, for example, is that you must have a respirator or mask that is made specifically for fiberglass fine dust. When this kind of dust gets into your lungs, microscopically the glass dust are like little hooks that stay in your lungs and never come out.

It may be good to check our materials safety statement.

I just noticed it's considered glass. One of the problems with sanding fiberglass, for example, is that you must have a respirator or mask that is made specifically for fiberglass fine dust. When this kind of dust gets into your lungs, microscopically the glass dust are like little hooks that stay in your lungs and never come out.

It may be good to check our materials safety statement.

I wouldnt dare sand ANY filler without a respirator, dust masks just dont cut it, as the dust is way too fine. I use the 3M pink Niosh cartridges.

its like car body filler? but yon can spread it ,more easily? does it adhere better? i wonder if i can get it in uk?

It has the consistency of well whipped cake icing, and spreads the same.
it adheres well to clean surfaces, not as well to dirty/ dusty.

email silbrico and see if they have any distributors in the UK, or call around to some of the smaller fibreglass shops. (i.e. guys that make custom fibreglass car parts)

I use a sandblasting cabinet myself, and I try to let the dust settle before taking the object out. The sandblasting is just a first line of defense. :thumbsup

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back