RPF Web Experts are needed to ID this military canvas web belt

CAROLCO

We actually trying to ID this canvas web belt with this very specific steel buckle

We need country of manufacture and approximative year of production

EDIT : model number or ANY kind of information leading to an actual piece will be extremely appreciated.
Bonus Award for finding the solution will be offered as well.

Canvas  Web Belt.jpg

Last edited:
The belt looks like a WWII US web belt, but it looks like they replaced the issue buckle with a conventional one removed the sliders as well. Try looking at US M1936 pistol belts, they seem to be a very close, possibly exact match, just minus the extra hardware normally found on those belts and a regular belt buckle added.

The belt looks like a WWII US web belt, but it looks like they replaced the issue buckle with a conventional one removed the sliders as well. Try looking at US M1936 pistol belts, they seem to be a very close, possibly exact match, just minus the extra hardware normally found on those belts and a regular belt buckle added.
I took my entire day searching browsing : "M1936 & M1965" web belt without finding the exact material & copper/steel holes pattern.
I HIGHLY doubt they changed the buckle just for the fun of it its nonsense

Looks like a standard belt to me. they even have that extra hole for the rivet/snap.

As for changing the buckles would be an easy explanation.
A. because costumers love to change things up to make it a bit of their own.
B. It keeps the belt on, the original style tends to come apart under certain circumstances.
C. Ease of changing belt size, the original buckles are a real pain to resize for different waist sizes.

Looks like a standard belt to me. they even have that extra hole for the rivet/snap.

As for changing the buckles would be an easy explanation.
A. because costumers love to change things up to make it a bit of their own.
B. It keeps the belt on, the original style tends to come apart under certain circumstances.
C. Ease of changing belt size, the original buckles are a real pain to resize for different waist size

Standard belt I dont think so :
you can clearly see that brass holes are larger than any M19** Web belt AND they have ALL the same diameter vs any M19** version...

As for Changing buckles maybe "A-B" but still...
"C" answer is nonesense because its the same actor who wear it so why make difficulty to change buckles (quite a job) if its not a pain to resize it to different waist size since its the same person who wear it ?

Im Pretty sure its a none altered canvas belt but from another country
But its a pretty difficult to source one it seem...
I personally never had that level of difficulty to match/find screen used item in my entire life!

You obviously don't know how the movie industry works.

People gain and loose weight, then there are "stand in's" and stunt people, so yes the belts would need to be adjusted.
Claiming my comment is nonsense is completely childish.
It's also very common for productions to alter commercial off the shelf items, even clothing, to either disguise its origins or to make it look more unique.

Standard belt I dont think so :
you can clearly see that brass holes are larger than any M19** Web belt AND they have ALL the same diameter vs any M19** version...
The other thing to consider is that it might not be an actual issue or an accurate replica of an M19XX belt. It could very well be a commercial knockoff that's not meant to be an accurate replica. As a kid, I had a web belt and canteen set that was sold in a regular store and not meant to be an accurate replica.

Most military web belts have a quick release. They are designed to go over your clothing and are not mean to hold up your trousers.
Everything in movies doesn't have to be official military issue.

TazMan2000

I don't think it's a military web belt at all. Looks like a belt made to go through belt loops to hold up pants.
Think black leather punk rock belt, but made of olive cotton instead.

Last edited:
You obviously don't know how the movie industry works.

People gain and loose weight, then there are "stand in's" and stunt people, so yes the belts would need to be adjusted.
Claiming my comment is nonsense is completely childish.
I know how the movie industry works dont worry
its just that item alteration have limits when it come to wear a simple canvas belt to support a knife/leather sheath.

I mean : for the headband for exemple , somes people from the art department bought fabric in thailand , they have not created their own design for the movie. for the BASIC items like that they just buy on local market and voila simple as that.

P.S. my nonsense word was absolutelly NOT agains you my friend. the whole movie industry is 90% of the time a nonsense...

I have to agree with the others - this looks too flimsy to be an actual military-issue item, at least not US military issue at any rate (based on my time therein). Additionally, it is hard to tell due to lack of scale, but your second photo, of the multiple belts, implies the scale of these belts are more for pant loops - to hold up pants, not to support the weight of canteens, medical kits, ammo pouches, etc., etc.

I have to agree with the others - this looks too flimsy to be an actual military-issue item, at least not US military issue at any rate (based on my time therein). Additionally, it is hard to tell due to lack of scale, but your second photo, of the multiple belts, implies the scale of these belts are more for pant loops - to hold up pants, not to support the weight of canteens, medical kits, ammo pouches, etc., etc.
This is what I came here to say! I know size is hard to grasp on the internet through pictures but, all you guys suggesting modified pistol belts don't get the size difference between a real (or even a replica) military pistol belt and whatever this thing is.

I chased down the original source, a listing at heritage auctions for a Rambo 4 knife. In the first picture and some of the others in the auction, you can almost see what looks like a tag sewn into the back of the buckle section.

It's definitely an off the shelf piece.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back