Round2 Acquires Star Wars License

in that video he mentioned the new side wall parts are not final yet and have not been approved yet

in fact, he mentioned them being from a Shapeways seller from Spain (Tony RR \ 308 Bits I presume)

Curious if there will be a plan to modify them to fully replace parts as far as connectors and such or if it will just be extra parts added to the original kit with no other modifications

Also, while not Star Wars, a 1/48 Hawk!

Ran across these pics online today of the upcoming Round2 Kits and box art:

mpcbwing.jpg
BWing Round2.jpg
mpcxwing301.jpg
mpcXWing.jpg
mpcatat.jpg

The AT-AT is tempting.

It was my favorite kit as a kid. I have two of them, might as well get the trio going

a solid pass on the X-Wing. Apart from the odd scale, I just do not like the wonky gun orientation

I already have the B-Wing and do not have any particular nostalgia for it so I will pass on that as well

Last edited:
Oh man. I'm basically grew up with this old kits. It just brings back memories. But at 55 years old. I'm already spoiled by Bandai's quality of Star Wars models.
Likewise. Spoiled... ROTTEN. No other kits can hold a candle to them for accuracy of details and engineering. I will admit however to being disappointed with their 1/5000 star destroyer. I had that infamous bow warp on mine and nothing I could do would correct it.

But that there was the only disappointment I had, and it was exacerbated by my hype and excitement to build the kit when it was first released and I got it the first week they came out.

That said, the other kits, including the mini vehicles have been beyond incredible. I have 10 more Bandai ship kits still to build, and looking forward to each of them.

I already have the B-Wing and do not have any particular nostalgia for it do I will pass on that as well
I ended up washing thoroughly, stripping the paint and carving up my old 1983-built crappy MPC snap B-wing and put the greeblies on various areas of my Zvezda Star Destroyer. A much better use of that kit in my opinion, but then again, I built it out of the box in 83 and painted it with a can of Krylon - so - was no loss.

Can't believe a company thinks that customers will be happy with those kits in 2021... almost feels like an offense tbh.

I'm kind of surprised too, but perhaps they are targeting the younger market, or those older builders who want that nostalgia. If getting money from those buyers will help them make money for future Star Wars, Space 1999 and Star Trek stuff....whoo hoo! Don't forget that Bandai stuff is much more expensive too, so you get what you pay for.

TazMan2000

I'm kind of surprised too, but perhaps they are targeting the younger market, or those older builders who want that nostalgia. If getting money from those buyers will help them make money for future Star Wars, Space 1999 and Star Trek stuff....whoo hoo! Don't forget that Bandai stuff is much more expensive too, so you get what you pay for.

TazMan2000

If that is what "targeting the younger market" means we shouldn't be surprised that young people rather do something else with their money...
And I don't understand why people keep complaining about the price for the Bandai kits. In Germany we didn't have an official way to get them for a very long time and they still were available for 20-30€ each for the 1:72 ships. After Revell imported them they were available for 20 each if you waited for a good deal regularly. I doubt that the R2 offerings will be any cheaper.

If that is what "targeting the younger market" means we shouldn't be surprised that young people rather do something else with their money...
And I don't understand why people keep complaining about the price for the Bandai kits. In Germany we didn't have an official way to get them for a very long time and they still were available for 20-30€ each for the 1:72 ships. After Revell imported them they were available for 20 each if you waited for a good deal regularly. I doubt that the R2 offerings will be any cheaper.

I guess it depends where you are from. The Bandai 1/72 B-Wing is $73.00 CDN, and Poe's 1/72 X-Wing is $43. The models were much cheaper before the Disney contract issues a few years back. 500 bucks for a PG 1/72 Falcon is slightly outrageous.

TazMan2000

I guess it depends where you are from. The Bandai 1/72 B-Wing is $73.00 CDN, and Poe's 1/72 X-Wing is $43. The models were much cheaper before the Disney contract issues a few years back. 500 bucks for a PG 1/72 Falcon is slightly outrageous.

TazMan2000
Agreed. The B-Wing was at about 60€ here but it was hardly available at all.

Well we will see. I am looking forward for new kits, but these will not find their way into my stash. Hopefully it is not a miscalculation on their part.

There really should be a T.I.E. version of the B-Wing…The TIE HURRICANE. From the front it would look a bit like the TIE Interceptor…except it would be taller and would resemble the hurricane symbol on maps with a stealth-faceted solar panel curving over the top and the one on the other side curving underneath.

These spin around the cockpit.

Not quite as armed as a Skipray blastboat…but enough to hamper the big Mon Cal ships…turning the tables as it were.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back