Round2 Acquires Star Wars License

Not is so many words... but if you look at what it is its a master slave relationship - just not called that... it can be broken down to controller controlee :).

Jedi Dade

Capture 1.JPG

Capture 2.JPG

31a635d2-527e-4a43-8822-4f0f306fae01.png

d259efa3-6c12-40bf-9f2d-3f4a716b8b2d.png

598a8a57-d4f7-4d18-b0dd-0777469b533c.png

Well, it's not Bandai - but those sidewalls are not all that bad. It may definitely cause me to take a serious look at the kit once it is released.
Agreed, they're a huge improvement. If they tidy up the engine deck and its priced right this will be a nice cost effective 5 footer. After building my Fine Moulds I just cant bring myself to invest money or time in the Bandai.... but this could be promising.

Cheers,
Josh

Pretty good stuff.

I'm afraid the engine deck is is what it is. Doesn't sound like it is getting any changes.

I remember slaving away on that bloody rear engine quarter as a kid, gluing bits of sprue and crap, trying to make it look like the box photos. I hated the look of that model, especially when they teased us with the glorious photo of the real thing on the box!

You're the ONLY person that I've seen that has posted pics of the Falcon Changes! Kudos!. They look Very nice. With an upgraded engine deck (I'm thinking 3D printed parts for mine) it will be a fine looking model. It woulda been great if they had included extra landing gear for the front 2 added during TESB, so we could make a "different" version if we wanted but this is pretty nice... no complaints as its all an improvement!

Jedi Dade

Silly question: Since they are reducing the side walls, won't they need to reduce the size of the docking port thingies midships port and starboard?
Yep, absolutely

The whole model would need modifications to make those sidewalls fit,….shortening the sidewalls is just the start of a chain reaction

J

I was asking myself the same and am very looking forward to seeing the final result. The height of the old model is somewhat OK but the curvature of the top and the bottom is too "flat". If they reduce the side wall height the top and bottom shell will need to curve heavily toward the center. However, in order to allow them to do so you'll have to cut the cockpit tube free. There is quite a good amount of extra material required to close the resulting gap. Now this is the point where I would think very carefully about which makes more sense, trying to fix the proportions of a kit which would require more and more changes to the old parts or starting completely from scratch and making a completely new one.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back