ROTS question about the Tantive Captain

Sluis Van Shipyards

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I was looking through some screencaps for ROTS and near the end when Bail Organa is walking in the Tantive IV with R2 and C-3PO he meets up with the captain of the ship and tells him to wipe C-3PO's memory. Anyway the captain has what looks like cuts to his chin and forehead. Has anyone ever heard of a scene that was cut that explained why he's injured? Obviously the ship didn't come under fire or crash so... And I'm looking for a real answer not "Because Lucas sucks and the Prequels suck." :)

That is captain Antilles. 3po states to Luke antilles was his former master in ANH. Is ROTS organa tells Antilles to have 3pos memory erased and R2 laughs. Lol always one of my favorite parts in the prequels

as for the scars idk, they look fresh. Maybe he had a run in with clones right before the escape?

RaymusAntilles.jpg

I was looking through some screencaps for ROTS and near the end when Bail Organa is walking in the Tantive IV with R2 and C-3PO he meets up with the captain of the ship and tells him to wipe C-3PO's memory. Anyway the captain has what looks like cuts to his chin and forehead. Has anyone ever heard of a scene that was cut that explained why he's injured? Obviously the ship didn't come under fire or crash so... And I'm looking for a real answer not "Because Lucas sucks and the Prequels suck." :)

some details baffle the mind. there were a few of those kinds of "why would those detail need to be there" moments throughout. it is possible there was a scene he was in that was cut but I hadn't heard anything about it... love the cutting himself shaving explanation though! :D

personally there was so much rushed stuff at the end... so much could have been left out to make room for a better ending... more on the Tantive IV (heck, after telling Captain Antilles to wipe the protocol drdoid's brain, then go on to tell him "we may need him to help reprogram the binary load lifters... looks like we may need them online sooner than expected."
Threepio did say to Uncle Owen his "first job was programming binary load lifters" ... so that would have been a nice nod to New Hope. Also dialog with Obi Wan and Owen Lars... the baby hand over could have been more telling on Owen's point of view and attitude... Obi Wan might have said he would be nearby if needed and when old enough he would like to train Luke in the ways of the force... and Owen could have had a verbal scuffle with Obi Wan that he didn't want to see him around anymore... he is now their child and not of his concern and won't have Luke getting involved.. that will be the end of it." etc, etc, etc... would have been a nice setup for Owen's not wanting Luke to know more about Old Ben in New Hope... anyway, I digress.. with Episode 7 coming, much of the prequel trilogy is already dead to me now. :p

This seems weird but this is what Wookiepedia says about it:

Rohan Nichol suffered an accidental shaving incident leaving a noticeable nick on his chin that would not stop bleeding prior to filming for
Revenge of the Sith. After apologizing to George Lucas for the blemish, the latter jokingly responded that the character "must have gotten it in the Clone Wars."[15]

I wonder if they added the other random wounds so the nick wouldn't seem out of place?

Last edited by a moderator:
Cut himself shaving...

This is exactly what happened. I remembered reading an Australian women's rag magazine and he was being interviewed (he was in a soap TV show at the time). They asked him about his part in Star Wars and he said he was nervous that he may have lost it because he cut himself shaving that morning. When he went in to film that scene he approached George lucas and told him what happened. Lucas told him he got it in a battle (clone wars?) .

Ok, thanks! I remember a cut scene that Bail Organa supposedly had where clone troopers stop him for his ID. I thought maybe there was something like that when the ship returned to Coruscant with the captain.

He probably used Qui Gonns Gillette women's shaver :p

to to be honest I didn't think the prequels were that bad. I quite enjoyed them. The only real annoyance was jar jar.

Really, with all the post-production work that they did on this film, they couldn't photoshop out a bandaid?

Hell, make it a green bandaid to it's easier for the team. Sheesh...

George originally wanted it to be a newer, cleaner Tantive IV (it's named after the planet where an important battle took place), but by the time they got to design and modeling, it had become more "inspired by" the first ship we saw in the original film. A lot of the detailing is different, and an entire chunk is missing out of it. It's far shorter than the Tantive IV. The EU had hung the label Sundered Heart on it, with the lore being it was the ship Antilles commanded when not on the ambassadorial clock, and he had to punch through the blockade to pick up Bail Organa on the event of his unscheduled departure after Order 66. But with the EU defunct, I don't know how much of that will get (re)incorporated.

--Jonah

Cut scene! I get it! :lol (y)thumbsup

What, am I the only person catching this stuff?

I missed my own comedic genius on that one. :)

George originally wanted it to be a newer, cleaner Tantive IV (it's named after the planet where an important battle took place), but by the time they got to design and modeling, it had become more "inspired by" the first ship we saw in the original film. A lot of the detailing is different, and an entire chunk is missing out of it. It's far shorter than the Tantive IV. The EU had hung the label Sundered Heart on it, with the lore being it was the ship Antilles commanded when not on the ambassadorial clock, and he had to punch through the blockade to pick up Bail Organa on the event of his unscheduled departure after Order 66. But with the EU defunct, I don't know how much of that will get (re)incorporated.

--Jonah

I didn't know they retconned the Empire at War ship as this one. It was dumb in the first place for someone at Lucasfilm not to do their homework to make the model correct if Lucas intended it to be Tantive IV. They could still say it was the same ship Leia had in ANH, but with a refit. That would make more sense.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back