ROTJ Fleet Ship

moffeaton

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I recently got to study this one a little better at the Archives last month and decided to build it. I of course can't bring myself to make it as sloppily and "simple" as the original, so I cleaned up the geometry a wee bit and will be adding a lot of detail to the blank areas.

Since the model has a "gondola" like the Rebel Transport, I assume it's a MonCal ship, so I am adding some weeee tiny Akbar dudes to the inside. I am not sure if I can make the Form 2's clear resin transparent enough to sell the effect, but I can always paint the windows black and call it a day if not. I did design inserts for the engines in clear and they look fantastic, so win win there. Also, the main body parts that I added windows to are printed in clear so those will light up as well. The original was vacformed plastic bits that Bill said probably came from the "pile of interesting shapes" the ILM had on a shelf near his desk, but it was much faster and easier to grow those too. Weird world now, growing this stuff.

Donors are typical ESB and Jedi kits.

0.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg

WOW!!! Absolutely Insane (and super cool) detail!!! Such a interesting background ship to bring to life!! Amazing!

awesome build, cant get enough of these background ships. The Form2 really is such a beast of a printer too

It's funny. It kinda reminds me of some guy walking down the street, whistling a merry tune. And then a couple of composers hearing this and constructing a whole piece of music arranged for an orchestra or whatever.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back