Rocksteady / Large Latex Mask help

Xxblackbird

Sr Member
I'm working on a Rocksteady from TMNT (specifically from Bebop & Rocksteady Destroy Everything) and I'm struggling with the mask.
JhiBoBI.jpg

I bought a Rocksteady V1 mask from DWN Productions. The mask is filled with some kind of slick expanding foam that I cannot seem to get glue to stick to. The foam helps keep its shape.

The hole for the head is about 12 inches x 12 inches. I have attached a neck piece to help cover the gap but it's a hassle and likes to tear off.
FP4V5Te.jpg

The real problem I'm having is that the head doesn't want to stay straight.
It's front heavy so it keeps tipping forward or sideways. You can see a sideways tilt in one of the pictures.
J5yF48I.jpg

The top of the head has thick foam and I can't get anything to glue to it. I've tried barge cement, rubber cement, gorilla glue, gorilla super glue and hot glue.

I am wearing the suspension from a hardhat and the crown-like quality helps keep it from falling off, but it really hurts my head and doesn't prevent the sideways tilt.

I also wear VR goggles and have a camera in the nose so I can see. The hardhat liner pushes down on my nose and face and just murders the bridge of my nose.

I'm thinking of some kind of shoulder rig. Something that rests there and holds the mask up.
Does anyone have any ideas how to do something like that?

w7hRyvy.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back