Interest Rocketeer Gloves & Button

Indy Magnoli

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Who would be interested in a set of Rocketeer Gloves? The idea was to make the base gloves as well as the over-gloves with button and wiring to extend a few inches up the sleeve... all as an easy one-piece glove. Price would likely be around $125-$150 per pair. Post if you're interested and we'll look into the details of doing a run.

Kind regards,
Indy Magnoli

Ok, looks like we'll definitely be doing this. We want these to be as accurate as possible, so if anyone has some good photos of the originals, please post so we can gather all the resources before starting the pattern making. Thanks!

Here's what I've got... but there seems to be two distinct types.

This kind, with simple patches for the control buttons:

DisneyDisplayGloves.jpg

DISNEY~4.JPG

FRONT_~1.JPG

2b0dc4581b7731430b8d74e58f0f72.jpg

image032.jpg

image034.jpg

NOTE THAT THESE ARE ON THE WRONG HANDS:

CONTOL~1.JPG

CONTOL~2.JPG

Those are fantastic! Thanks for the help.

The "soft" button would probably be easier... and the other big question is wrist snap or velcro? Snap would seem more period accurate, but velcro would guarantee a much better (and easier) fit. Both seem screen accurate.

Yeah, there were several versions. I made 2 pairs years ago, the first was with the velcro strap but I liked the look of the metal bracket and the leather strap and snap, was more period. I didn't do any wiring on these, mainly because I don't want to cut a hole in my jacket for a wire to run to the pack, or wires sticking out of the bottom of the jacket. And the way the bracket sits in the palm of the hand, I had to cut most of the bottom of the button off, it still moves with the spring, but the electrical parts were removed. If you want electronics, the pouch version is probably better. I used the Roper gloves for the control gauntlet and hand stitched all the seams. I dyed mine closer to my Abbyshot jacket color.

IMG_0146.JPG

IMG_0147.JPG

- Jeff

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back