Rocketeer (comic) jacket

The Rock-a-who

Hi fin-heads!

It's May, so you know what that means...

...I'm probably a month behind getting ready for Halloween :lol

So, I'm trying to make the push to finish my Rocketeer costume (comic book version) and trying to find the jacket for it.

I'm basing the look/design on Dave Stevens' cover:

RocketeerCover.jpg

And one of the differences between this and the movie version of the jacket is the lack of shoulder loops.

I used to find one close to this on eBay every once in a while, but haven't see it lately. So I'm asking here -

Does anyone know where I could find the jacket, sans the shoulder loops? And if not, I found this one on eBay: Custom Tailor Made All Sizes Genuine Leather Jacket ROCKETEER STYLE | eBay

Which could do the job in a pinch, but don't know anything about the seller and if their sizing runs large, small or whatever. Has anyone bought a jacket from them and have input?

Thanks in advance guys!

I know I'm going to get hammered for this but I bought one of he Southbeach ones a few years ago. Did the custom measurments and the thing fits perfect could not be happier with the fit. Just request the shoulder pieces not be included they were very good to deal with and replied quick with me anyway. And at the price they charge it's a great deal. This is just my experience no idea if it's standard or not. ;)
New Page 1

the seller is stealing photos from abbeyshot. The jacket pictured in the listing isnt theirs....I think the ebay listing maybe southbeach leather. They are notorious for stealing pictures from other websites and using them as their own.....also, they are known for having different ebay accounts to try and sell their items...the seller on ebay has the same items as south beach leather...coincidence? I think not

as for the sbl jacket. it's not a bad jacket for the price. the buttons need to be change and the leather is cheap. I dont think it is real leather. I have a few pics in my collection page of the jacket

Agreed on the buttons they are cheap plastic junk, but an easy fix. :) And yes it is real leather just very light weight is all, not a big deal since it's either a display or worn 2-3 times a year max? Mine might get worn once a year if that.

as for the sbl jacket. it's not a bad jacket for the price. the buttons need to be change and the leather is cheap. I dont think it is real leather. I have a few pics in my collection page of the jacket

Just a quick update, I took Finhead's advice and ordered the jacket from Southbeach. Even asked about removing the shoulder loops and they were very accomodating.

Got it in the mail yesterday, and honestly, I was really surprised how thin the material is. When I got the package I thought it was my johdpur pants I ordered, not a jacket :D

But it's only for costume purpose and not everyday wear so I'm fine with that and the price. Fits perfectly and can't wait for the pants to come in to see it (mostly) together.

Now I need to (re)start working on the rocketpack.

Thanks again for everyone feedback on this.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back