Robin/Catwoman goggles DARK KNIGHT RISES Style

Froggie19Dude

Hey everyone!

So I'm going batty (pardon the expression) working on Nolanverse style goggles for Robin. I'm taking inspiration from the Catwoman goggles worn by Anne Hathaway in DKR; I figure that Robin would use something similar, build for functionality rather than dramatic effect. So, when finished, mine will have night vision, laser targeting, LED lights and bluetooth capability. I also want to find a way to make them retract in the Catwoman style.

Here's where I need your help!

So I have most of the design pieces, but the one thing I cannot figure out is how to build the side arms for the goggles to flip. I've experimented with an undermask of foam and latex, telescoping headphones, straight plastic pieces, everything, and cannot find a way to get them to retract and flip. Obviously I need two points of articulation, one where the goggles connect to the side arms to rotate, and another where the goggles attach to the undermask to flip up over the head. Any ideas/experience in getting them to work? I'd love to hear!

I'll post some pictures a bit later, but if anyone has figured out how to make screen-accurate sidearms (which even the licinsed costume replicas don't seem to get right), please let me know! If I get them working well enough, I'll probably do a whole Nolanverse Robin costume, which will have some VERY cool features. So, lend me your expertise!

So, as promised, some pics:
CIMG1656.JPGCIMG1657.JPGCIMG1659.JPG

It's the sidearms I'm having trouble with. I need a strong, lightweight base with two points of articulation and still have the thing hold together! Suggestions?

Ok, so here's where I'm at:CIMG1666.JPGCIMG1667.JPG

Open to more suggestions. I'm trying to heat the sidearms to round them a bit around my head, and I'd like them to pivot directly above the ear; they'd be a bit more comfortable...

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back