Robert Zemeckis’ Welcome to Marwen (Post-release)

What did you think of Welcome to Marwen?

• It was great. Loved it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was okay. Not too pleased with it.

• It was disappointing.

• It was bad.

• Total voters
I want to see this, but I probably won't see it in theaters. Looks like a tear jerker, and I hate crying in public.

Steve Carell is really branching out from slapstick comedy, this and Beautiful Boy really show his diversity as an actor.

I just got back from watching the film today. It's pretty good. I don't want to spoil things, and I won't. But, I thought it was good. It took Mark's Marwencol mythology and used it in a way that helped tell the story it was looking to tell.

Also, a nice little Easter Egg in the film. Not gonna spoil it for y'all.

Last edited:
This is doing really poorly at the box office. I read it stands to lose somewhere close to $50 million.

Yeah. Critics are tearing it apart, while the audience's seem to like it over at Rotten Tomates. It probably doesn't help the fact that it was released in the same window as Mary Poppins Returns. Kinda reminds me of Scott Pilgrim vs. The World all over again (released against a film and losing because of pure nostalgia that the film it's playing against has).

Yea, I'm looking forward to seeing it once it's out of theaters; it just looks too much like a film I will just need a break in the middle of. "OK, that's enough sappy sentimentality and overacting doll people; time to go murder daemons for a few hours on the PS4, grab dinner, and pick this back up tomorrow after work."

I expect it'll be one of those movies where everyone you talk to that's seen it enjoyed it; but will have been a box office flop (because of people like me, who are dead inside, and are waiting to see it on streaming).

Yea, I'm looking forward to seeing it once it's out of theaters; it just looks too much like a film I will just need a break in the middle of. "OK, that's enough sappy sentimentality and overacting doll people; time to go murder daemons for a few hours on the PS4, grab dinner, and pick this back up tomorrow after work."

I expect it'll be one of those movies where everyone you talk to that's seen it enjoyed it; but will have been a box office flop (because of people like me, who are dead inside, and are waiting to see it on streaming).

Actually, I think most people decided to miss it because of the reason behind Mark Hogancamp's attack.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back