Robb Stark from Game of Thrones - Fantasy Armor Upgrade

Allow me to say I'm sorry to those of you who posted very encouraging things and never received a response from me! I am very grateful for all of your interest. Forgive my delay to responding to your comments, I have been away from the site for a few months but I will do my best to answer the questions you've asked me!

First: This costume is actually NOT in the Game of Thrones show itself. This was a fusion of King Varian Wrynn's armor from World of Warcraft (design wise) put in the context of House Stark from Game of Thrones.

Second: The "shiny" shirt underneath was actually a crudely sewn together shirt, using a sparkle/sequin, gold fabric from JoAnn's Craft store. It did a nice job adding more shine to an already shining armor. Next time I'll try to avoid sequins, but they do reflect light well.

I have been busy designing my current project, which will be substantially more difficult. If you're familiar with the character Imperius, Archangel of Valor from the game Diablo III, that is the goal. I have seen a few other great Imperius costumes out there already, and they do inspire me to keep working. If I have my way, it will include lights and large wings. I'll start another WIP thread when I have more to show. Thanks again!

Thanks, Sanctus! Well, I experimented and it worked, at least well enough to not fall off while walking around! Since I have no mold/casting experience, I took an old werewolf latex mask, and a roll of plaster cloth. I coated the latex mask with vaseline, hoping the plaster wouldn't stick too it too much. Surprisingly enough, I was able to free the plaster cloth "cast" from the mask, and stuff it with newspaper for some shape. I then hot glued the wolves onto the foam shoulder pieces. Going forward, I plan on sculpting out of clay and making much cleaner casts.

Love seeing your costume on tv show Heroes of Cosplay. I wonder If we will see more in the episode showing KC. do you know?

No problem, Sanctus, happy to help.

Muttmo, if I'm on the show at all, it will be this final episode. It will most likely be brief shot of me on stage, since the primary focus of this show was to boost the cast members only. Still, will be fun to see!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back