Rivets for lightsaber


New Member
OK, I think I am about to loose it and go mad!! :confused

I am trying to find the rivets to use on my Graflex for the grips and D-Ring attachement. Now, I know this has been done by many members before me and I have see some great photos here of the results. (I prefer the rivets to the phillips screws)

However, I cannot find anyone who can tell me what they are called, what size they are and where I can buy them. Believe me, I have tried to discover what they are and where to purchase them myself. I THINK they are called "Dome Head Steel Rivets" but am not sure. Size and availability still alude me!

I cannot find any Hardware Stores here in the UK that stocks them and the internet hasn't helped with pictures to identify them either. I would be willing to buy them from ANY country!!

I have even sent a PM to a member who's photos of his Graflex work were simply superb, but alas no responce.

Please, please if someone knows what the hell I should be trying to buy, please put me out of my misery!!:cry

Thank you in anticipation.
Hi there,

Check this out:


Ask them for pictures and different sizes available,

Sorry but I don't have the correct rivet size for
Luke's ESB graflex lightsaber grips and D-ring.

PM Clutch or James Kenobi 1138, they might know!

Last edited:
If you absolutely cannot get the info you need and find any rivets, I suggest using button head screws. They use a hex key, not a phillips head screwdriver.


I know that's sacrificing movie accuracy so if that's very important to you, I only suggest it if all else fails.
Got a pic of exactly what you want? Preferably one on the graflex. Sorry i am not up on the sabers and not sure if the ROTJ are the same as ESB or ANH. If you can't get them i'll find them here.
Firstly, a HUGE thank you for all your replies. Really helpful.

Not quite a difinitive answer, but I am beginning to think this may not be as straight forward and easy as I thought.

Thanks Sym-Cha, I will contact the members and also that rivet company tomorrow.

I was inspired by the following pics:









This is "supposedly" ESB accurate, but I know that the jury is still out on whether rivets were ever used. But I love the look of them!

I'm still going to keep looking!

Anybody else got any helpful ideas?!!
On the ESB bluray they look more like black phillips head screws on the grips. I could be wrong but that's what they appeared to be to me.
All the Sabers I've ever built use 1/8" rivets, 3/8" long for the grips, 1/2" long for the D-Ring. Size of these rivets lines up with photos of the original props exactly, there's really not any other 'variations' of rivets that can be used, they are what they are.
Show me a picture of a screen used saber with rivets in the grips please. Not the thing that was posted above.
At 1.5" the rivits heads are 1/4" and like ewokus said that is a 1/8" rivet. They should be available over there. Do they make metric rivets? Also where were the original sabers made? US or UK?
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

  1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.