Ripley's Screen-Used A L I E N NOSTROMO Jumpsuit, on Auction, Starting: $85,000

NostromoCrew

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Item discription:
329. Sigourney Weaver "Ripley" signature Nostromo jumpsuit from Alien.(TCF, 1979) In the groundbreaking Sci-Fi horror movie Alien, Sigourney Weaver plays "Ellen Ripley" in a star-making turn as the Warrant Officer who assumes command of the doomed Nostromo commercial towing spaceship. This is Sigourney Weaver's vintage original "Nostromo" crew distressed long sleeve olive drab nylon canvas flight suit with pointed collar, multicolor embroidered patches with "USCSS Nostromo 180286" on right and left upper shoulders, 1-embroidered wings patch on left chest beneath 1-red and gold metal pin, zippered pockets all over, 2-side slit openings on left hip, zippered and corseted back, with zipper front closure, with expert studio-distressing. Retaining internal costumer's bias label handwritten, "S.Weaver / L.Mitchel No (2)" in blue ink (Liz Mitchell was Sigourney Weaver's stand-in and this costume was worn by both). Without question, one of the most significant costumes in modern film. Ripley is often considered one of the most prominent female protagonists in all of cinema and has become a pop culture icon. Shoes and t-shirt added for display Exhibiting production wear, studio distressing and soiling. In vintage very good condition. $85,000 - $100,000

Link to the auction:
https://www.icollector.com/Sigourney-Weaver-Ripley-signature-Nostromo-jumpsuit-from-Alien_i38745158
38745158_1.jpg

38745158_4.jpg

38745158_3.jpg

38745158_2.jpg

It looks like it does in the movie, and that's all that matters to me.

Cool piece of cinema history. Hope it goes to a good home.

are the legs short or is she tall?
Sigourney is a little more than 5'11" and it's also difficult to find tall flight suits since fighter pilots are on the "short side"...cockpits make for cramped spaces...I had the same flight suit (I'm 6'2") and was lucky to have one that fitted me. ;)

What was with all the strings in the back?
It's a G-4B or G-4A, High altitude pressure suit, American, manufactured in the 50' and 60' if I'm not mistaken. That lacing on the back is just an integral part of the suit designed to apply pressure. Ash wears the same type suit in the scenes when he monitors Dallas, Kane and Lamberts excursion to explore the derelict ship, and when he overrides Ripley and opens the inner hatch....

0d7b3ea9d2cdf1ab8c0af76459976ea5.jpg
4a9aa9896443064734761fba127131d3.jpg
0a54cdabc3c02206c3787c0201d808d4.jpg
g4a-01.jpg
g4a-02.jpg

The shoulder patch is too big and doesn't line up with the sleeve detail like on the publicity pic.
The way the sipper is folded back in the auction pic makes it tough to tell, but the wings patch does look larger as well.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back