RIP William Windom

yodakiller1138

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I was over on the 66batman forum and someone had a post announcing that William Windom from the Star Trek episode "The Doomsday Machine" has died at 88.

He was also a Twilight Zone alum. I think there was at least one other episode, but I remember him as The Major from "Five Characters in Search of an Exit".

Oh, he was a terrific character actor who was almost a household face in 1960s and 70s. He was in so many TV shows, he felt like an Uncle you see every holiday. He was a versatile actor and I will always remember him fondly. RIP!

Great character actor. I caught him in an episode of Mission Impossible not too long ago and thought about how good an actor he was.

Also, served as a paratrooper in the 82nd airborne during WWII.

Another great character Actor gone :(

The last thing I remember him in was Murder She wrote where he was a reoccuring character

He starred in a short-lived (but wonderful) sitcom called "My world, and Welcome to it!", based on James Thurber.

Yeah, he was in so many shows he felt like an uncle. :(

He reprised his role as Decker for an episode of Star Trek New Voyages. Regardless of what you think of the rest of the fan film, his role in it was brilliant.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back