RIP Paul Walker..

Paul seemed like a hell of a nice guy to pass so young. RIP.

May all these idiots speeding and driving reckless on our public roads reflect on their incredibly irresponsible actions.

May all these idiots speeding and driving reckless on our public roads reflect on their incredibly irresponsible actions.

If only. Some years back I was on my way to a funeral for a friend who died in a motorcycle crash. His fellow rider friends passed me on the freeway doing wheelies and other idiotic maneuvers.

It's sad. He was a young 40.

His friends are describing him as an adrenalin junky and don't seem totally surprised by this. What's sad is how avoidable this more than likely was.

BrianWCollins: Wayne Kramer's tribute to Paul W is wonderful, heartbreaking: https://t.co/KaZj1DHbKn

Saw this tweet earlier today. Wayne Kramer is the director of Running Scared and he shares some great moments about Paul Walker as an actor and as a person.

Last edited:
Porsche GT... you don't let your friend 'drive it'. Dangerously fast car just like most Ferrari's and Lambo's.

Heartbreaking... urgh...

my favorite Paul Walker movie was the Disney movie, Eight Below, based on the true story about the dogs left behind in Antarctica for over half a year, and their eventual rescue. that heart-wrencher always moved me to tears, and i'm guessing there will be extra tears upon the next viewing...
oh, so damn sad.

edit: The 1958 ill-fated Japanese expedition to Antarctica inspired the 1983 hit film Nankyoku Monogatari. Eight Below adapts the events of the 1958 incident, moved forward to 1993.[1] In the 1958 event, fifteen Sakhalin Husky sled dogs were abandoned when the expedition team was unable to return to the base. When the team returned a year later, two dogs were still alive. Another seven were still chained up and dead, five were unaccounted for, and one died just outside of Showa Station.
oh.

Last edited:
my favorite Paul Walker movie was the Disney movie, Eight Below, based on the true story about the dogs left behind in Antarctica for over half a year, and their eventual rescue. that heart-wrencher always moved me to tears, and i'm guessing there will be extra tears upon the next viewing...
oh, so damn sad.

Mine too!

oh, so damn sad.

edit: The 1958 ill-fated Japanese expedition to Antarctica inspired the 1983 hit film Nankyoku Monogatari. Eight Below adapts the events of the 1958 incident, moved forward to 1993.[1] In the 1958 event, fifteen Sakhalin Husky sled dogs were abandoned when the expedition team was unable to return to the base. When the team returned a year later, two dogs were still alive. Another seven were still chained up and dead, five were unaccounted for, and one died just outside of Showa Station.
oh.
I really enjoyed this film too.

...May all these idiots speeding and driving reckless on our public roads reflect on their incredibly irresponsible actions.
That would be nice, but it's doubtful. One or two of 'em might think twice the next time they get behind the wheel, but I'm sure the vast majority of them still think they're invulnerable and are convinced they're better drivers than they really are. I liked to drive fast when I was younger (I still do...sometimes) but I never drove as wrecklessly as I see some of these nitwit kids drive their precious little "tuner" p.o.s. cars. Every time I see one or more on the road, my first thought is, "There's another guy who's seen the Fast and Furious movies too many times."

...What's sad is how avoidable this more than likely was.
I concur. I first heard of his death when my wife read one of the early Farcebook postings out loud, and my first thought was, "Was this a stunt that went wrong during filming?" I'm fairly certain that, when all is said and done, the investigators will determine the cause of the accident was "driver error".

That would be nice, but it's doubtful. One or two of 'em might think twice the next time they get behind the wheel, but I'm sure the vast majority of them still think they're invulnerable and are convinced they're better drivers than they really are. I liked to drive fast when I was younger (I still do...sometimes) but I never drove as wrecklessly as I see some of these nitwit kids drive their precious little "tuner" p.o.s. cars. Every time I see one or more on the road, my first thought is, "There's another guy who's seen the Fast and Furious movies too many times."

I concur. I first heard of his death when my wife read one of the early Farcebook postings out loud, and my first thought was, "Was this a stunt that went wrong during filming?" I'm fairly certain that, when all is said and done, the investigators will determine the cause of the accident was "driver error".

Hell, there are You Tube Channels solely dedicated to jack offs with more HP then sense driving like idiots on public roads. The driver of the Carrera GT, awesome car by the by, was an dealer but I didn't get the sense he was a professional driver.

Joyriding at excessive speed on public roads.

Meh.

Just glad they didn't hurt anyone innocent.
The Sherriff did say there were burned tire marks as if a car had been doing figure 8's and donuts.
So if they were acting like jackasses at fourty years of age, I find it hard to be extremely sympathetic.
Loss of life sucks, especially when they are so young and talented...
But come on.... Push the limits one too many times and sooner or later it can bite you in the A S S!

A good friend of mine races Porsche and always said, once the car slips from your control, you cannot take it back...so true and so sad about Paul Walker.
My deepest condolences to his family and friends.

Then again, you'll probably say something about how, "Apoligise" is spelt too..

Why would anyone get upset about the spelling? You're Aussie. That's how you spell it. It's just as valid as "colour" or "aluminium."

As you say, the "s" is appropriate for Aussie spelling, but the first "i" should be an "o" in either usage. ;)

I don't think I've ever seen Walker's work, but it's still sad to hear about the accident. Imagine how much power those vehicles have to be able to wreck that badly just from doing donuts.

i don't mean to scold anyone, but i'd like to make an observation. it's understandable to be dismissive toward people being irresponsible, but it seems harsh to unapologetically deride them when tragedy strikes. "serves 'em right!" i accept that bad things happen all the time, which makes us more detached than ever, unfortunately. maybe it's a way to keep us from feeling too badly about something. but chances are, we would never express our negative views to the surviving families, nor would we want others to do it to us (or elsewhere), had the victims been our own relatives. i'm pretty sure we've all done stupid things.

5ovn.jpg

I'd argue he's getting more press than he would if he had been in the car alone.

Yeah. If Paul Walker hadn't been in the car, he'd not get any real press. Instead, he'll be the guy forever known for having been the driver responsible for killing himself AND Paul Walker by driving excessively on public roads with a 45 MPH speed limit managing to hit a light pole then slam into a tree before bursting into flames.

I'd wager his family doesn't want the press.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back