RIP Matthew Perry

Yeah, the Reddit rumor mill is saying heart attack. No idea how true that is, but it sounds plausible. Decades of drug abuse will do a number on your body.
I watched him on a talk show in 2020 and almost didn't recognise him as the same person that had been on Friends, because he looked older than his age. He talked about his substance abuse, and that he was gladly out of it.

Yeah heart issues and hot tubs do not mix. I know he had lots of personal/addiction issues over the years and thought he had worked them out and turned things around

rest in peace

Also in a kind of freaky way, before I was going to bed last night I usually lay down to watch a bit of TV. I don't watch it very much but Friends since it originally aired, but it happened to be on Nickelodeon when I turned the TV on.

I could not find the remote (my wife always sticks Nickelodeon on for the dog and then leaves it somewhere no on can find it) so I wound up watching the rest of the Friends episode and the next one

At any rate, the episode I saw was the wedding episode which ends with Chandler disappearing and just leaving a note saying "tell Monica I am sorry". That was around 1:30 to 2:00 AM EST
Then it just switched to the "Mom" show. I thought that was kind of an odd episode to leave hanging

Then I wake up this morning hearing my wife talking to her dad about Matthew Perry

Also in a 6 degrees of separation tidbit, supposedly he was some distant cousin to my wife, although she never personally met him but certain parts of the family would always talk about him

IMG-20231029-WA0002.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back