RIP Loretta Lynn

“You either have to be first, best, or different.” -Loretta Lynn

She was a true icon, a trailblazer for women in county music, a great entertainer, and a wonderful singer. She will be missed.

39 years ago she and her troop gave up their holidays and travelled European military bases entertaining the troops. She even came to our little missile base in the middle of nowhere, and she was kind and gracious.

Last edited:
39 years ago she and her troop gave up their holidays and travelled European military bases entertaining the troops. She even came to our little missile base in the middle of nowhere, and she was kind and gracious.
That's delightful. Are you in there somewhere, or were you the cameraman?

I love the guy refusing to sing; I wonder if he's gone on to tell everyone in the decades since that he once sang with Loretta Lynn. :D

That's delightful. Are you in there somewhere, or were you the cameraman?
I love the guy refusing to sing; I wonder if he's gone on to tell everyone in the decades since that he once sang with Loretta Lynn. :D
Cameraman. It really was a makeshift little concert. The drummer was using cardboard boxes and brushes. They hooked a terrible little mic to a small stereo system. She also came through the mess hall to say hi to everyone she could possibly meet. The guys in gear came down from the site in shifts to get a chance to say hi. Watching the video made me sad again. The guy raising his fist at the end was a roommate who passed on from cancer a few years back. When he was dying I called him and we reminisced about the good time we had, he was sad and lonely suffering as he was and I tried to help him through it.

Added: somehow the quote feature failed me and I fixed it the best I could on my phone. :)

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back