RIP Lisa Marie Presley

It really is a difficult thing to pinpoint the singular culprit of cardiac arrest but it is increasingly becoming more regular in "young" people. I know of a doctor, same age as me, mid-30's, suffered a heart attack without any prior indications he was likely to. It completely changed how he lived (luckily) after that, to the point of paranoia almost. He watches and counts everything he eats, and he cooks his own meals, and exercises rigorously. He lost a lot of weight and is in better physical shape, and yet it still doesn't mean he's not capable of having another one nor diminished his chances.

Mmmm.........
elephant in room.jpg

I think partially we just find early deaths more surprising now. Especially among celebrities, who (theoretically) get better healthcare & cushier lives than average.

A century ago lots of people died at young ages too. We read about some historical figure who died at 45 and say "Man, life really wore people out earlier back then." Now we think it shouldn't ever be happening.

John Ritter died of a heart attack in his mid-50s. I think it was an unknown heart defect.

Martin Sheen had a heart attack during 'Apocalypse Now' in his 30s. Drugs & stress.

George Lucas was hospitalized for chest pains during ANH. Massive stress.

Carrie Fisher just died from some kind of heart event at 60. Chronic addiction damage & heart disease.

George Michael died of a heart attack in his early-50s. Heart disease.

Arnold Schwarzenegger had a major heart surgery in his 50s. Genetic thing that runs in his family. (Yeah, the steriods probably didn't help. On the other hand he's a lifelong healthy eater & fitness junkie.)

This stuff happens. Lisa's father Elvis died of a heart attack (chronic drugs & obesity) at 42. Elvis's father died of a heart attack at 63. His mother died of a heart attack & alcholism damage at 46. Lisa Marie herself had a long colorful history with drugs & rehab.

Last edited:
She was just a couple of months older than I am. My best friend of 37 years passed away unexpectedly in October, and he was 29 days younger than I am. I've been contemplating my mortality quite a bit recently, not coincidentally.

SSB

This was so sad to hear. May she rest in peace.

I learned today that she had a son that committed suicide. I imagine that took a huge toll on her.

Imagine what Priscilla is going through right now.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back