RIP Kenny Baker

Such a nice guy, always very chatty and welcoming with fans. Met him a few times over the years, always a regular at so many UK conventions. Very sad that both he and Tony Dyson should pass on in the same year. R2 D2's heart and soul. RIP Kenny

Wow... I was just about to meet him in two weeks on Amsterdam Comic Con... He also was invited to Berlin in Oct. Glad to see he had so much fun to join these cons and meet the fans...

RIP Kenny Baker

I just saw the news on the Yahoo page. I met him in Overland Park, KS at a comic con several years ago. I picked a photo of him in the Artoo unit with the head off, and told him I liked having a picture showing the actor IN the suit rather than just a shot of the character. He wrote "To Dave..Hello! R2D2" and signed his name.

Rest in peace, Mr. Baker.

I JUST finished watching this fan-made documentary:
[video=vimeo;32442801]https://vimeo.com/32442801[/video]

And I see this post :( RIP
Thanks for your work you did.

RIP Mr. Baker. CGI, complete animotronic or not, R2 won't be the same without you. Thank you for making such a wonderful character to last the legacy of our civilization.

Thank you Mr. Kenny Baker . . . the force will be with you . . . always . . . :cry

Kenny%20Baker%20RIP_zpswbdscusa.jpg

Also my sincere condolences to Mrs. Baker . . . such a lovely cheerful couple
I was honored to meet and serve some refreshments both in London/Essen

:cry

Chaim

This one really hits close. It's been a few years since I got to see him. But I hung out with him and his son Kevin a few days out of the year on 6 or 7 occasions. I have a few really great stories.

A beautiful and funny man.

The only man I ever let call ME Kenny. I tried to tell him to call me Ken... But if it was good enough for him? I took it as a compliment.

Really really sad. Eyes about to give.

He has had health issues for a long time...

RIP buddy.

What a shame. I was looking forward to meeting him this November at Rhode Island Comic Con. I've heard nothing but great things about him.

Be at peace R2! You will be missed!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back