RIP Grant Imahara MYTHBUSTERS

I am in shock. These photos were the last time I saw him. Such an amazing person.

IMG_7608.JPG

IMG_7609.JPG

This hurts. I watched Myth busters religiously and continued to watch a Grant and his endeavors post MB. I never met him but you could tell he loved what he did, was absolutely brilliant, incredibly passionate about his interests and most importantly you could tell he was a good kind hearted person. RIP Grant

As if 2020 wasn't already a horrible enough, we have lost a kindred spirit and by all accounts a terrific human being. Grant Imahara, former ILM modelmaker, engineer, and Mythbuster, has passed away unexpectedly from a brain aneurysm at only 49. Grant was an inspiration to many of us -- a builder, creator, and problem-solver who was flat-out crazy talented. He was a longtime ILMer who helped build many iconic vehicles and props, including extensive work on Star Wars. He was one of the few authorized to remote control R2-D2 and he even appeared at conventions and at publicity events in the C-3PO costume. Recently, he spent three months building a robotic Baby Yoda to bring to childrens hospitals. Creative accomplishments aside, he was known to be a genuinely warm, funny, and loving friend and colleague. I raised my children watching Mythbusters and they were gutted hearing the news. It's like a part of their childhoods is gone. To any of Grant's friends or colleagues who may be lurking these boards, my family and I cannot express enough our deep condolences. Grant lived such an honorable and inspirational life. Even never having known him personally, we are grateful he made our world a much much better place.

Such a sad and unfortunate loss. He seemed like a real stand up guy. So talented also! One thing is for sure, he was taken way too young. Thoughts and prayers to his family.

Unbelievably sad. I was so shocked to read the news this morning. I absolutely loved his work, behind and in front of the camera, and he always came across as the nicest guy. Sending sympathy to his family and everyone who knew him.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back