RIP: Carroll Shelby

RIP carroll.

had 2 chances to meet him at his shop but missed him on both occasions. always wanted him to sign something from my mustang. he truly was one of the biggest car legends there ever was and still very relevent to this day.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for all the well wishes and support guys - and I'll be sure to show my wife when she gets back from Dallas.

I'm so going to miss all of the great stories he'd tell me about him and Steve McQueen - and I'll always remember the time he called me to let me know Speed Racer was on tv - For all everyone says about him, he was actually a very funny man who always met everything head on. The last time we spoke - a few weeks ago, he told me it was going to be the last time we'd talk - but he always said things like that, looks like once again he knew more than me. I really appreciate everyone's sentiment here on the board (I actually sat with him at the computer once showing him some of the cars people post here). Thanks again...

I just found out today while working on my mustang.

I cried, Shelby's cars are the reason I'm so in love with cars, I didn't know him and I'm too young to have been around for his classic designs, but I know of them and I've admired them for as long as I can remember, it's always been my goal to get a nice Shelby, at the very least I want to convert my v6 mustang into a Shelby Cobra.

RIP and my sincerest condolences Jet.

Last edited:
My condolences to you and your family, Paul.

I know he gets a lot of love for his Mustangs and Cobras, but the Viper was absolutely insane. I buzzed around in an older Viper a few week ago-- I've never really been afraid while driving, but that car genuinely freaked me out. When he designed something, he went all the way. Such a cool legacy, all across the board.

"Shelby" is synonymous with American Performance.
Loved everything I ever read about the guy.

Condolences to all those he leaves behind.

Mike

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back