Resin and a Silly Question

Plokman

Hey all me again,

I think I know the answer already but to quote Wakko Warner "Here goes". I have been discovering quite a few things based off my last pour and if my theory is right I know what is wrong, My father had me cast a old spark plug from our old truck so that it could be displayed (We made amber casting with a vacuum tube inside where the Mosquito would be in the Jurassic Park, I call it ENIAC Park) but with it the only thing that was a problem was excess bubbles due to a mistake on stirring (Flat stir stick not smart) but it came out feeling like I expect Resin to feel once cured.

But the other two items I poured feel off I mean they certainly cured but it feels less like a hard plastic and more like a flexible plastic, it's hard to describe but I think I know why. So just to ask is it possible to make Resin overload if you mix too much of a powder pigment or the like that will result in it feeling off? I am almost certain that is the case as I know Epoxy is not Hydrophobic in the same ways Polyurethane is having seen a solid blank come out when it was a 50/50 Beer Resin mix though that may be a higher grade Resin as I've seen Ketchup in a bowl project to but I wouldn't think to use Art N Glow for that.

So dumb question, I expect it to be what I suspect and will adjust accordingly.

I've mixed Glow In The Dark powder at 1:1 by weight without issue.
When mixing in pigments, you are only supposed to mix in 5% of the weight or it WILL inhibit the curing.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back