Request - Movie Money

kid2000

Hello everyone on this amazing forum.

I am looking to produce bundles of movie money classic movie style brief cases full of money with bands around top and bottom note and blank paper in the middle, Im in need of the actual money files, templates and i am hoping some of you will be able to help cos i have no skills to make myself.

what i am looking for

Is English Pounds and American Dollars as Real as possible looking and if possible the paper bands that rap round them or images of so i can make them. and i know this may be odd be the dimmensions of the relevant money.

also was thinking about doing somehting like star wars money as well.

I think these would make excellent gifts as well as if they turn out well im may fill a brief case and pop it on eBay to see if people are interested in that sort of thing so please if you can help that will be brilliant

Many thanks and i love this place so much.:thumbsup

p.s. i have seen a couple of people selling Movie Money on Amazon e.t.c. but i would rather print myself so i can make as many as i want when i want.

You can get 'prop money' on Ebay and other sites cheap enough (and thus avoid any legal issues with counterfeiting) get a stack and then simply fluff up the bundles with one or two of the printed bills on top and bottom the rest blank filler sheets cut to size...

Printing your own 'realistic' money isn't a game, you really need to take steps to make sure even a ½ blind person could tell the difference or you risk trouble if someone takes notice...

Thnak you but there is no issue it is no differences to any of the many props on here like F.B.I. or Old warrent cards, Its only an issue if you try to pass it off as Real.

as for making it so that anyone can tell its fake u have actual had the chances to be at a film set with millions in fak emoney at it was improssible to tell the differences untill you look at the security fetures water marks. silver lines e.t.c. so im sure this can not be in issue.

as for buying i really dont want to do that i hoping to like most thing on here do it as a hobby in my own maybe as a gift e.t.c. nothing dodge is going on so there is nothing to worry about.

I must admit i did think about adding a water mark though the paper saying this is prop money, but i think that would just add to the difficulty of making these.

Once again thank you for your time

Kid

You can get 'prop money' on Ebay and other sites cheap enough (and thus avoid any legal issues with counterfeiting) get a stack and then simply fluff up the bundles with one or two of the printed bills on top and bottom the rest blank filler sheets cut to size...

Printing your own 'realistic' money isn't a game, you really need to take steps to make sure even a ½ blind person could tell the difference or you risk trouble if someone takes notice...

Thnak you but there is no issue it is no differences to any of the many props on here like F.B.I. or Old warrent cards, Its only an issue if you try to pass it off as Real.

Yes, it's entirely different, the mere act of of printing is a crime in regards to money... My advice educate yourself fully on the subject rather then assume you know...

United States Code: Title 18,474. Plates, stones, or analog, digital, or electronic images for counterfeiting obligations or securities | LII / Legal Information Institute

Whoever prints, photographs, or in any other manner makes or executes any engraving, photograph, print, or impression in the likeness of any such obligation or other security, or any part thereof, or sells any such engraving, photograph, print, or impression, except to the United States, or brings into the United States, any such engraving, photograph, print, or impression, except by direction of some proper officer of the United States—
Is guilty of a class B felony.

United States Secret Service: Know Your Money - Counterfeit Awareness

Photographic or other likenesses of other United States obligations and securities and foreign currencies are permissible for any non-fraudulent purpose, provided the items are reproduced in black and white and are less than three-quarters or greater than one-and-one-half times the size, in linear dimension, of any part of the original item being reproduced. Negatives and plates used in making the likenesses must be destroyed after their use for the purpose for which they were made. This policy permits the use of currency reproductions in commercial advertisements, provided they conform to the size and color restrictions.

Motion picture films, microfilms, videotapes, and slides of paper currency, securities, and other obligations may be made in color or black and white for projection or telecasting. No prints may be made from these unless they conform to the size and color restrictions.

Here is the Secret Services phone numbers, give them a jingle and inquire about making counterfeit/fake money...

United States Secret Service: Field Office Contact Information

Last edited:
well actual want to thank you for taking the time to type this out.

But you should also not assume what others do and dont know, first i am not in the USA and am not under the same legal system, i am fully aware of the legal side, i think you are over thinking situation no one wants to counterfit anything i want to make movie money props as close to as possible not exsact and as for it not being the same your are wrong it is the same as having fake ID its not the owning its the use of or the intent to use that counts infact there is an artical on RPF about an actor using his fake Prop I.d. as genuine now thats illegal.

and even if there was any issue with the legal system they would have to prove either counterfeiting or intent to counterfeit and as this would be a prop no different to anything else it would not be an issue.

Not everyone in this world is trying to be dishonest, it is no different to the many videos on youtube as mentioned in an earlyer post, this is PROP nothing more used in films every single day, used on advertising for many business.

I understand that USA has a very indepth legal system compaired to alot of other countrys but its to based on the same basis of truth and justices and maybe you should try showing some trust in people.

i simple amzon search wil sho wa few people selling prop / movie money its not a problem even in the USA unless you are inteding use it and infact on that note even taking a blank bit of paper and writing $10 on it would be illegal if you tried to pay with it, irelevant to how good something looks.

Like i said i truly thank you for your time it was kind of you, but please try a bit of trust.

Yes, it's entirely different, the mere act of of printing is a crime in regards to money... My advice educate yourself fully on the subject rather then assume you know...

United States Code: Title 18,474. Plates, stones, or analog, digital, or electronic images for counterfeiting obligations or securities | LII / Legal Information Institute

United States Secret Service: Know Your Money - Counterfeit Awareness

Here is the Secret Services phone numbers, give them a jingle and inquire about making counterfeit/fake money...

United States Secret Service: Field Office Contact Information

Last edited by a moderator:
Also if anyone is offended or upset about my request or thinks it dishonest then i am happy with you requesting admin to delete i have no issue with this as i dont want to upset or cause any problems just want to keep the spirt of paper props.

first i am not in the USA

But, this site is in the US and thus it's under US jurisdiction for content as is a majority of it's membership...

i think you are over thinking situation no one wants to counterfit anything i want to make movie money props as close to as possible not exsact
The definition of counterfeiting is a likeness, it's never and doesn't need to be an exact copy...

as for it not being the same your are wrong
Nope, IDs and Money are enforced under completely separate laws enforced by completely separate Police agencies... Money has it's own set of laws surrounding it...

it is the same as having fake ID its not the owning
You are incorrect, possession alone is illegal (as it printing) irregardless of it's use or intent if it's deemed counterfeit... Did you not read the clause of Title 18,474 that I quoted? The other clauses deal with defrauding, that clause deals with he mere act of printing alone, it mentions nothing in regards to intent... If the intent is fraud the law inflicts a more serious penalty under different clauses of said law... That is unless it's B/W and over or undersized or filmed for projection as outlined in the legal exemption...

its the use of or the intent to use that counts infact there is an artical on RPF about an actor using his fake Prop I.d. as genuine now thats illegal.
IDs and Credential are not counterfeit money, two entirely different subject matters... You are comparing Apple to Oranges...

and even if there was any issue with the legal system they would have to prove either counterfeiting or intent to counterfeit and as this would be a prop no different to anything else it would not be an issue.
Sure they would, that is what the courts are for, doesn't mean it won't cost you a small fortune to defend yourself and irregardless intent is not a legal requirement or catch under certain clauses of the counterfeiting laws... If you are charged under the clause of the Law I quoted they don't have to prove intent, all they need to prove is that you printed it to be found guilty...

and maybe you should try showing some trust in people.
Doesn't matter how much I trust someone, it doesn't change the laws I'm obligated to follow, and I have plans for the next 15-20 years that don't include living in a bird cage...

i simple amzon search wil sho wa few people selling prop / movie money its not a problem even in the USA
Because it's clearly fake, it's not an "as close to as possible" copy... And any legit business selling it will have cleared it with the Department of Treasury before offering it up for sale... And just because a fly by night guy offers up some legit looking stuff on the Internet doesn't mean it legal...

and infact on that note even taking a blank bit of paper and writing $10 on it would be illegal if you tried to pay with it, irelevant to how good something looks.
Yep that would fall under the intent to defraud clauses, not the manufacturing, printing and possession clauses...

but please try a bit of trust.
It's not a trust issue, it's a legal one...

Last edited by a moderator:
Exoray i Respect every thing you have said and have taken the time to say i cant say that i agree with you, but i thank you anyway.

I personally wish you the best with your plans over the comming years.

Kid

But, this site is in the US and thus it's under US jurisdiction for content as is a majority of it's membership...

The definition of counterfeiting is a likeness, it's never and doesn't need to be an exact copy...

Nope, IDs and Money are enforced under completely separate laws enforced by completely separate Police agencies... Money has it's own set of laws surrounding it...

You are incorrect, possession alone is illegal (as it printing) irregardless of it's use or intent if it's deemed counterfeit... Did you not read the clause of Title 18,474 that I quoted? The other clauses deal with defrauding, that clause deals with he mere act of printing alone, it mentions nothing in regards to intent... If the intent is fraud the law inflicts a more serious penalty under different clauses of said law... That is unless it's B/W and over or undersized or filmed for projection as outlined in the legal exemption...

IDs and Credential are not counterfeit money, two entirely different subject matters... You are comparing Apple to Oranges...

Sure they would, that is what the courts are for, doesn't mean it won't cost you a small fortune to defend yourself and irregardless intent is not a legal requirement or catch under certain clauses of the counterfeiting laws... If you are charged under the clause of the Law I quoted they don't have to prove intent, all they need to prove is that you printed it to be found guilty...

Doesn't matter how much I trust someone, it doesn't change the laws I'm obligated to follow, and I have plans for the next 15-20 years that don't include living in a bird cage...

Because it's clearly fake, it's not an "as close to as possible" copy... And any legit business selling it will have cleared it with the Department of Treasury before offering it up for sale... And just because a fly by night guy offers up some legit looking stuff on the Internet doesn't mean it legal...

Yep that would fall under the intent to defraud clauses, not the manufacturing, printing and possession clauses...

It's not a trust issue, it's a legal one...

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back