Repainting a mask

troggs

I bought this mask a while ago, and I'm debating giving it a repaint, mainly because the paint is a bit dark for the colour scheme I eventually want, and the spots on the top are showing signs of wear, probably where the bio I made has been test fitted a few times. I know this has come up before, but there seem to be some different answers. I think the mask has been sealed, there's a slight sheen to it in some parts, I don't know how glossy it should be. I don't want to risk ruining it, should I try removing the paint, or would a coat of Pros Aide over the whole mask before repainting do the trick?
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys

sealed.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the suggestion mate, When I went to order some prosaide I found Mouldlife are selling a product called Aquafix, it's a prosthetic adhesive the same as prosaide but a bit cheaper to buy, so I thought I would give it a go. I tried it on the neck ring and at the back of the head, once the paint had dried I flexed the neck ring a few times and it seems to hold the paint nicely, now I just need to practice airbrushing before I feel brave enough to tackle repainting the mask.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back