Red Robin and Black Bat

Kiarou

Red Robin and Black Bat!

Worn at Dragon*Con 2012 with my lovely girlfriend Chronie
Theres were from my previous concept designs which were a sort of Movie-grade renditions of RR and BB based off of the Kenneth Rocafort designs with a bit of Marcus To thrown in :)

These costumes were the most massive and difficult project we’ve ever taken on. The suits were made from a platinum based silicone. The process was long and arduous (I can post progress shots if you guys want). But basically, we made body casts of ourselved, sculpted the suits out of clay and then created these massive molds (and I mean MASSIVE). And then after that was the casting process which was a whole nother headache. Since I have no vacuum chamber, I had to develop my own method for casting these. It was a lot of trial and error but I got a pretty good method in the end.
But anyways, the suit came out weighing about ~90lbs for mine and ~60lbs for Chronie’s.
We spent most of the convention in pain and laying down on the ground and other various areas lol.
But these were a lot of fun and we learned a lot about fabrication and rubber work

But anyways, this was one of the two photoshoots we did with these shoots, so more pictures to come!

Photos were taken by Benny Lee. Check his work out, he’s an amazing photographer with so much skill and talent :)View attachment 119421View attachment 119424View attachment 119426View attachment 119427

Attachments

• _DSC2045.JPG
    _DSC2045.JPG
    538.9 KB · Views: 155
  • _DSC2048b.JPG
    _DSC2048b.JPG
    517.4 KB · Views: 583
  • _DSC2070-2.jpg
    _DSC2070-2.jpg
    518.2 KB · Views: 583
  • _DSC2105.jpg
    _DSC2105.jpg
    534.2 KB · Views: 205
  • DSC03769web.jpg
    DSC03769web.jpg
    870.2 KB · Views: 319
Last edited:
Thanks for all the compliments :)
Should I just post the build pics in this thread or should it go into another section?

Thank you everyone for your compliments :)
I just got some photos from another photoshoot I had done so here they are

I'll post a build this weekend or something

Excellent costumes. Would love to know how you achieved the white eye look.

Awesome work :). I got to ask what did you use for the white part of the eyes? Mesh maybe?

Yeah I used a mesh
Went to my local mart and bought a splatter screen, it worked really well :)

Very, very cool.

Yes, a build thread would be great. I'd love to see your process. I think it would want to be its own thread over in Replica Costumes:
Replica Movie Costumes

Could you elaborate on the mesh you used for the eyes? I, too, think they look amazing and want to know more, and in specifics. I read in another thread people talking about eye lenses fogging up and that being problematic (obviously) and a mesh that reads solid seems like a great solution.

Outstanding work. Bravo!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back