reccomendation for strengthening thin abs plastic?

takevin

Sr Member
I have helmet thats a bit thin in some areas, and wish to strengthen it. Overall I would prefer fiberglass, but it can get pretty hot and possibly warp the helmet I would think. If I do a less amount of hardner so it will take longer to cure, it will not get as hot, whatcha think? Or another way perhaps? thankyou :D

Would probably be easier to help you if you mentioned what material the helmet you wish to strengthen is made of. Good luck in your quest. :thumbsup

Any 2 part solution eminates heat upon curing...even bondo. I'd go with fiberglass personally. Oh and if you don't use the proper amount of hardener it won't cure properly or worse, not at all...leaving you with a gummy mess of a nightmare.

To avoid warping from heat, wrap the helmets outside with rags or towels and keep them wet, it won't take much to keep the temperature bellow anything that will damage most ABS...

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back