Interest Real vintage Browning MKII booster for Obi ANH saber - CANCELED!

Re: Real vintage Browning MKII booster for Obi ANH saber - ON HOLD!!!

Gentlemen...here is a brief description of the history to this INT thread plus an update of TODAY´s events:

- While trying to buy a booster for my own needs, I came across the wholsaler, who supplies deactivated weapons and parts kits to a LOT of the known militaria-shops in the EU
- I asked about the availability of any Browning .303s and received an email, stating they had HUNDREDS of them (this was 4 days ago) !
- The very same day I commited to buy 10 with the option for another 10 (since I instantly had the idea of organizing a group buy)
- Since I wanted to negotiate with the owner himself, I was told to call him today (again...I already committed to buy 10 MK2s!)
- On sunday, the owner contacted me via email, telling me that his remaining stock was just somewhat over 10 pcs. (unable to tell me the exact number). He adviced me to purchase asap, since demand is high due to the upcoming changes in weapons law on the 01.01.2019 (making those parts kits illegal to sell in the EU)
- Within a minute, I placed an order for 16 pcs. (just wanted to get all remaining Brownings) explicitely telling the wholesaler about the 10 I already committed to buy.
- Monday: SILENCE. (I was hoping to receive confirmation about the final number of .303s
- Tuesday: The owner contacted me, asking me if I´d still want "that" Browning...HELL YES, that´s why I placed an order for it, waiting for my total incl. s&h to Germany *WTF*!?!?!?Owner: "oh...our stock is down to ONE. If you want it, order it". I told him, that I already placed an order, just waiting for a reply from him and that I ordered when HE confirmed to have 10+ left. When I asked him, why his stock went from "hundreds" down to 1 within just three days, and why the hell they didn´t bother to set my ten .303s aside, I basically received a "verbal middle finger".

Long story told short...the wholesaler is SOLD OUT *ARGH!*
I was just able to order the very last one they had, making it three in total in my collection, once they arrived

I can not tell you guys how PI**ED I am at the moment and how sorry I am for stirring up your hopes. :(

REFUNDS SENT...please check and confirm receipt

End of line :cry

Last edited:
Gutted for you all, that’s a crappy way to do business, again the little people suffer while the big companies get what they want, sounds like they went to their regular buyers first

Re: Real vintage Browning MKII booster for Obi ANH saber - ON HOLD!!!

Gentlemen...here is a brief description of the history to this INT thread plus an update of TODAY´s events:

- While trying to buy a booster for my own needs, I came across the wholsaler, who supplies deactivated weapons and parts kits to a LOT of the known militaria-shops in the EU
- I asked about the availability of any Browning .303s and received an email, stating they had HUNDREDS of them (this was 4 days ago) !
- The very same day I commited to buy 10 with the option for another 10 (since I instantly had the idea of organizing a group buy)
- Since I wanted to negotiate with the owner himself, I was told to call him today (again...I already committed to buy 10 MK2s!)
- On sunday, the owner contacted me via email, telling me that his remaining stock was just somewhat over 10 pcs. (unable to tell me the exact number). He adviced me to purchase asap, since demand is high due to the upcoming changes in weapons law on the 01.01.2019 (making those parts kits illegal to sell in the EU)
- Within a minute, I placed an order for 16 pcs. (just wanted to get all remaining Brownings) explicitely telling the wholesaler about the 10 I already committed to buy.
- Monday: SILENCE. (I was hoping to receive confirmation about the final number of .303s
- Tuesday: The owner contacted me, asking me if I´d still want "that" Browning...HELL YES, that´s why I placed an order for it, waiting for my total incl. s&h to Germany *WTF*!?!?!?Owner: "oh...our stock is down to ONE. If you want it, order it". I told him, that I already placed an order, just waiting for a reply from him and that I ordered when HE confirmed to have 10+ left. When I asked him, why his stock went from "hundreds" down to 1 within just three days, and why the hell they didn´t bother to set my ten .303s aside, I basically received a "verbal middle finger".

Long story told short...the wholesaler is SOLD OUT *ARGH!*
I was able to order the very last one they had, making it three in total.

I can not tell you guys how PI**ED I am at the moment and how sorry I am for stirring up your hopes. :(

Will start to refund your deposits now.

End of line :cry

Firstly Markus thanks for all your hard work & time trying to pull this together, I am sure everyone feels down but also appreciates everything you have done, the hunt continues...

Thanks so much for all the hard work, Markus. We all really appreciate it and the stress you had to endure on our behalf.

Damn, I should have checked this thread a couple minutes earlier. Thanks for all the blood & sweat Markus! Next time :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sad news, but great effort. And some beautiful pictures, I totally understand the tack weld now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back