Real Steel

Brucelee42

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Didn't see a real steel thread, just the boxing ticket one, so hopefully its ok to start one for this.

I was watching this again and thought it would be cool to do some of the posters in the actual movie. So I am starting with this one from the crash palace. Its really difficult to get a screen grab of the whole thing as its tiny in the frame. This is a WIP, the fonts are not the correct ones, just place holders, and I still need to figure out the bottom of the poster. I have not seen this anywhere on the web yet, does anyone know the name of the original designer for the poster? Is there an art of real steel that would have this and other paper props from the film?

Any help would be appreciated. We may have to invent the text at the bottom. I am going to try a few more grabs and see what I can come up with. Enjoy!

Crash-palace-wip1.jpg

I love Real Steel - considering the amount of work that went into building all of the practical bots, it's a real shame that there are no making of type books (just the Cinefex issue). Keep up the good work on the poster. :thumbsup

Found great reference...I was a bit off. the original proportions were 14.5 x 17 - FEET! I am keeping it to inches as I saw the poster on a post near the crash palace in the movie. Have to start over though, but it will be much better! Stay tuned!

Found great reference...I was a bit off. the original proportions were 14.5 x 17 - FEET! I am keeping it to inches as I saw the poster on a post near the crash palace in the movie. Have to start over though, but it will be much better! Stay tuned!

I know this is an old thread, but I absolutely love this movie. Here's the full poster, courtesy of a screen grab from the Real Steel - Second Screen app. Wouldn't mind a copy of your final work if you don't mind. :)crashpaalace.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back