Real Life Web Shooters?!

Snakenator9

Jr Member
Well, I've given in to building a TASM suit. I know, super original lol. This actually came about because some school buddies and I have been designing up a way to make working Web Shooters. We actually have a prototype in development, still working on a formula for the web fluid, but back to the subject:

BELT FOR SPIDEY OR NO?

I realize in the movie there is obviously no belt. However, in the video game there is. I really like the idea of having a belt should it still maintain a sleek Spidey look to it and it actually serve a purpose, ie. phone, wallet, extra web fluid, etc. I am not going for an entirely screen acurate suit, really the only accurate piece will be the actual fabric suit which is a 4Neo design that is being sewn as we speak.

So what do YOU think, of whether a belt is a good or bad idea and how it should be done?

Thanks, Dawson

Last edited:
Re: TASM Belt... Yay or Nay?

i think it would be cool if you used some invisible zippers to create some slots for holding things around the belt. like cash, ID etc. having your phone might be to bulky though.

Re: TASM Belt... Yay or Nay?

Do you mean utility belt or the red fabric across the suit? I'm guessing you mean utility belt, in which case, the mere fact you're considering it makes me think you should do it. I reckon you should do a classic metals style utility belt with the Spider-Light and everything. I think it'd make a nice contrast between Spidey's relationship with the police in the film and in the comics. If I were you I'd modify the fabric red belt to attach to the chest and stomach piece so you can make a sensical zip for access to a thin, flexible, "imitation metal" belt. I've developed a pattern for a 7 pieces Amazing Spider-Man (2012 movie costume) and wouldn't mind having a utility belt by doing it that way.
I know this seems invasive or offensive but back to the real subject at hand. Working Web Shooters!? No matter how great this costume may become... working Web Shooters!?
I command you this instant to make this thread about that.

Do you mean utility belt or the red fabric across the suit? I'm guessing you mean utility belt, in which case, the mere fact you're considering it makes me think you should do it. I reckon you should do a classic metals style utility belt with the Spider-Light and everything. I think it'd make a nice contrast between Spidey's relationship with the police in the film and in the comics. If I were you I'd modify the fabric red belt to attach to the chest and stomach piece so you can make a sensical zip for access to a thin, flexible, "imitation metal" belt. I've developed a pattern for a 7 pieces Amazing Spider-Man (2012 movie costume) and wouldn't mind having a utility belt by doing it that way.
I know this seems invasive or offensive but back to the real subject at hand. Working Web Shooters!? No matter how great this costume may become... working Web Shooters!?
I command you this instant to make this thread about that.

Thanks for the feedback guys, and as requested this thread is now about mine and others web shooters.

I'll try to post pictures of the design later, but essentially what we are using for now is a compressed air canister containing the web fluid that will be hooked up to a Solenoid valve wired to a button in the palm of the hand. The tricky part is the spinneret which essentially turns the fluid into a solid string/rope. The idea here would be to use some sort of nozzle that contains a ton of tiny tubes in which the fluid would pass through. This would mean that the mini strands would tangle together and create a stronger web. It would be important as well to use heating wire coiled around the nozzle to remove the acetone (one of the probable main chemicals in the formula) which would lead to the web turning into a solid.

Lots all very difficult to explain, so I'll try to post pics of the design when I get the chance. What do you guys think? Any of you have ideas?

I agree with Timey Wimey, id be way more interested in seeing a working web shooter than another spider costume lol. I do however think it would be nice to see a spider suit with a utility belt as i don't feel like there are enough of those out there :thumbsup

View attachment 526508

Ok, here is the basic design. You can see where the nozzle will have mini-tubes in which the web fluid flow through. This should tangle the strands creating a stronger web. Not seen in the design, there will also be heated wire wrapping around the nozzle to harden and remove the acetone from the webbing. The inside of the PVC will be coated in duct tape so as to prevent the acetone from dissolving it.

image.jpg

Also, I got bored the other day and made a little pen launcher sort of web shooter using a G-2 pen and a leather strap. The pen is attatched to a string so that all you have to do to launch it is pull the string.

I agree with the others that I'm way more interested in the working web shooter idea. However I see this going the way of the Advacned Action Suit a few years ago (not bashing you, just an inside joke around here).

I agree with the others that I'm way more interested in the working web shooter idea. However I see this going the way of the Advacned Action Suit a few years ago (not bashing you, just an inside joke around here).

Haha, hopefully the shooters turn out alright. The idea of making functional web shooters really isn't that insane, at least for a low strength web that would be capable of holding something a lot lighter than an actual person. Right now that is kind of the goal. Until nanotechnology advances further it will be really difficult to do anything near strong enough to carry a person.

BTW, this thread probably won't have super frequent updates as the process of developing and testing the shooters takes a very long time.

I'm still not against costume ideas and you could very well make the costume revolve around the web shooters and storage for fluid. I'm just excited to see how far web shooters can go (metaphorically).

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back