Rambo II Ultimate Weapons Case

I'm not a Rambo prop collector by any means, but boy am I grinning while looking at this amazing collection - and yet it's a singular prop in of itself! :love

Well thank you guys. This was probably my favorite project. I had planned to build a second for myself but finances are not cooperating.

I learned and discovered a lot about the Rambo props after I built this case so if I can ever make another one it would be even more accurate.

Thanks again.

Hi Tom

I love your work, its amazing how quickly you got the hang of it.......respect mate. :)

Here's my first ever attempt at making the Rambo 3 bow case. This is going to be used on my 1:1 Rambo 3 statue display. Please bare in mind, I used stuff laying about the house to make this. The trunk is actually an old 1930's brown suitcase lid, I had to soak it in water for hrs to be able to manipulate the shape I wanted. Just gotta get the sling sorted and its finished...Its not fantastic, but as it will be on the mannequins back, it will be outta sight, but not necessarily outta mind. lol

bbag.jpg

bbag2.jpg

bbag3.jpg

bbag4.jpg

bbag5.jpg

bow bag.JPG

That looks awesome.

You did an incredible job. Very impressed.

Be sure to show pics once it's all together.

Tom

Thanks Tom, will do.

I have the screen accurate jade Buddha, the same shirt with the larger collar, the pants were fabricated and adapted the same way, as Stallone wanted a slim look, he had pants that were smaller than required and had a 'V' shape added in the rump area to accommodate his waist. I will be using the screen used boots that were specially made for the movie. I need to source a couple of the boot daggers and hopefully adapt them. I have a specially made screen accurate Hibben made knife sheath, and the correct tank top. I will either use a replica AK47 or a replica RPG. Here is the head sculpt, I basically wanna try and make it look like a lifesize Enterbay figure. :)

craig r.jpg

Thanks Tom, will do.

I have the screen accurate jade Buddha, the same shirt with the larger collar, the pants were fabricated and adapted the same way, as Stallone wanted a slim look, he had pants that were smaller than required and had a 'V' shape added in the rump area to accommodate his waist. I will be using the screen used boots that were specially made for the movie. I need to source a couple of the boot daggers and hopefully adapt them. I have a specially made screen accurate Hibben made knife sheath, and the correct tank top. I will either use a replica AK47 or a replica RPG. Here is the head sculpt, I basically wanna try and make it look like a lifesize Enterbay figure. :)

View attachment 579320

Holy good goodness that looks awesome.

For the Dagger just use the U.C. Rambo #2 ones all over ebay. That's what he used in #3. I know Gil Hibben made similar looking ones for him but he uses the Rambo 2 versions. It makes no sense as he used the one he had in #2 and did not retrieve it but oh well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RAMBO-FIRST...370963?hash=item463e908b53:g:b~oAAOSwjVVVjuVX

The #3 Boot knife offered by United Cutlery by Gill Hibben is not even close to the film one. The film one in #3 was the same as #2 I believe.

Man, screen used boots. That is awesome.:thumbsup

Now do you have a screen accurate Bow??????? With the Screen accurate rippers, and explosive heads, and over draw, and arrow quiver. Do you???? Because I know someone who does and will have it for sale soon. Most accurate Rambo 3 bow ever.

Just mentioning it :)

Tom

Thanks Tom, will do.

View attachment 579320

Tom,

I made a amateurish display about 6 years ago, which was loosely based on a mix of the part 2 and 3 bows.

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3-E8zqlEbQ[/video]

The light stick was emptied and I added a 12v blue neon, that worked very well inside the light stick.

Yes you are correct, the United dagger was modeled on Gil's rambo 3 dagger, which was never featured in the movie. Do you have an MC boot knife for sale pal, as there are a lot of fakes out there?

I may be very interested in buying your R3 bow Tom, my son Tom was very happy with the rambo 3 and FB knife you sold him. :)

Tom,

I made a amateurish display about 6 years ago, which was loosely based on a mix of the part 2 and 3 bows.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3-E8zqlEbQ

The light stick was emptied and I added a 12v blue neon, that worked very well inside the light stick.

Yes you are correct, the United dagger was modeled on Gil's rambo 3 dagger, which was never featured in the movie. Do you have an MC boot knife for sale pal, as there are a lot of fakes out there?

I may be very interested in buying your R3 bow Tom, my son Tom was very happy with the rambo 3 and FB knife you sold him. :)

I'm glad he loves them.

I don't have the Rambo 2 Dagger. There are plenty on Ebay like I linked above. You just need to take off the paint around the edge or sandblast it like I did and polish then re-paint.

Just FYI the Rambo 3 bow is gonna be around $800.

Might be cheaper to find the old stuff and fix it up but if you want the most screen accurate one I have seen ready to go it will be mine.

Tom

Any tricks to repainting a Rambo knife or dagger?

For the Mission knife tape off the polished knife edges. Study the Lile pics. The black area should be a little larger thus the polished edges a little smaller. Sand blast, primer(black) and paint. If you want to go hard core find a place that do powder coating.

For the current licensed dagger sandblast or sand the blade. Polish edges and tape off and paint to match.

If you want to ditch the Rambo stamp I grinded it out and filled it in with Bondo and it was a pain to get smooth.

You can see here from earlier in the thread a little bit more of a black are makes a huge difference.

Lile

JimmyLile2aNS_BL.jpg

mine:

DSC_0680.jpg

Before and after UC and MC:

DSC_0019-1.jpg

Tom

How am I only just now seeing this? This is amazing work and the kind of obsessive attention to detail that makes me love the RPF.

If you're looking for really nicely done custom cut foam, check out MyCaseBuilder.com Waaay better than messing with pick and pluck stuff or trying to carve it yourself.

You can make custom designs using their shape library or upload an image and trace the cutout. They do both soft and rigid foam. I used them for my Batman Begins weapons case and couldn't be happier.

image1.jpeg

How am I only just now seeing this? This is amazing work and the kind of obsessive attention to detail that makes me love the RPF.

If you're looking for really nicely done custom cut foam, check out MyCaseBuilder.com Waaay better than messing with pick and pluck stuff or trying to carve it yourself.

You can make custom designs using their shape library or upload an image and trace the cutout. They do both soft and rigid foam. I used them for my Batman Begins weapons case and couldn't be happier.

http://i.imgur.com/CIBT4zWt.jpg

http://seraphim.ecsis.net/~gregday/image1.jpeg

That is awesome. Thank you for the link. That will make it much easier than the pick-n-pluck or cutting. Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Tom

- - - Updated - - -

Can we get a pic of the case with all the stuff in it???

Holy good goodness that looks awesome.

For the Dagger just use the U.C. Rambo #2 ones all over ebay. That's what he used in #3. I know Gil Hibben made similar looking ones for him but he uses the Rambo 2 versions. It makes no sense as he used the one he had in #2 and did not retrieve it but oh well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RAMBO-FIRST...370963?hash=item463e908b53:g:b~oAAOSwjVVVjuVX

The #3 Boot knife offered by United Cutlery by Gill Hibben is not even close to the film one. The film one in #3 was the same as #2 I believe.

Man, screen used boots. That is awesome.:thumbsup

Now do you have a screen accurate Bow??????? With the Screen accurate rippers, and explosive heads, and over draw, and arrow quiver. Do you???? Because I know someone who does and will have it for sale soon. Most accurate Rambo 3 bow ever.

Just mentioning it :)

Tom

Hi Tom, here is a picture of the Stallone screen used Rambo III boots that I own. The boots were sponsored by Adidas although made by the late Pasquale DiFabrizio (Hollywood Shoe Maker To The Stars). They came with Lile Mission dagger sheaths integrated inside in both boots. "French" type double buckles/flap, 9 eyelets with 3 hooks, ankle pads with Adidas logos and a leather toe cap. The boots are VERY lightweight, like boxing / wrestling boots, I think this was for easy running and climbing by Stallone in the movie. We see a Lile Mission dagger in each boot sheath on both sides as the Rambo character is getting ready to play Buzkashi. :)

nboots.jpg

foto7.jpg

Attachments

• nboots.bmp
    475.9 KB · Views: 450
Last edited:
Hi Tom, here is a picture of the Stallone screen used Rambo III boots that I own. The boots were sponsored by Adidas although made by the late Pasquale DiFabrizio (Hollywood Shoe Maker To The Stars). They came with Lile Mission dagger sheaths integrated inside in both boots. "French" type double buckles/flap, 9 eyelets with 3 hooks, ankle pads with Adidas logos and a leather toe cap. The boots are VERY lightweight, like boxing / wrestling boots, I think this was for easy running and climbing by Stallone in the movie. We see a Lile Mission dagger in each boot sheath on both sides as the Rambo character is getting ready to play Buzkashi. :)

View attachment 581277

View attachment 581276

That is so cool. I am not big on screen used because it's usually, "Hey look at this rubber piece of crap that might have been held by an extra in this one seen way in the background."

These boots however are beyond cool.:thumbsup

I love your displays as well. You have a knack for making awesome set ups.

I think we need more pics of your stuff.

Tom

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back