Question On Neca Predator Stiff Joints

Classic scar619

i have a neca series 2 masked classic predator and the 2 knee joints and left elbow joints are impossible to move i have tried a hair dryer and hot tap water and still cant move them at all any suggestions on what i can do to get the joints moving again.

I own a pretty extensive action figure collection, so having had similar problems with figs over the years, allow me to suggest putting Your figure into the freezer for about 15-20 minutes, and then try to move the joint (don't force it when You do though, or You could break it)...

By cooling the joint it causes the plastic to condense and some times helps in loosening the joint...

Hopefully that should work for Ya...

What I've done with my NECA figures is boil them for about 5-10 minutes. Works every time. One thing, though. Make sure you have something else on the bottom of the pan, like a strainer or something so your figure is not touching the bottom. It could damage your figure.

allow me to suggest putting Your figure into the freezer for about 15-20 minutes, and then try to move the joint (don't force it when You do though, or You could break it)...

By cooling the joint it causes the plastic to condense and some times helps in loosening the joint...

Hopefully that should work for Ya...

o_O o_O o_O ... That is not a good idea. One wants to boil/heat a figure to loosen the joints. When you freeze them, that makes the figures plastic brittle and the figure will break at the joint you are trying to loosen.

This is not good advise.

"speaking from experience"

Running the joints under super hot tap water for more than a minute or so will work, but it may make the plastic rubbery, so, start to loosen it, and as soon as it starts moving, then you switch to luke warm water, and keep moving it, then eventually to cold water. That way the plastic has a gradual time period to slowly harden back up.

~CYCLONE_06

I use a hair drier, or pour hot water from a kettle onto the joints. Works perfectly. Pour the hot water on for at least 10 seconds, it'll be fine!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back