QUESTION: how to add text to an item

rogue_artist

Hey everyone. What is a good way to place text on a sculpt? Like to put your name or company name or the like on a promotional piece?

Im making a large wrench for a friend of mine's company as promotional gifts. We want to have his company name on one side of the body, my "signature" on the other side. So its a nice flat piece and all.

I thought of just stamping it into the inside of the mould with type set, however the mold will be silicon, not plaster. So I figure Ive got to put it on the master before making the mould.

Never done anything with text before...

Kindest regards,
-Jason

Went to my buddy who makes rubber stamps, had him run one non-reversed & I stuck it into the master before molding - Worked great!

Hit up a local sign shop that has a vinyl cutter and have them cut you a few vinyl applications to apply to the master before molding... When molded you will have a crisp clean slightly raised area...
pumpkin01.jpg

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back