Psychological effects of wearing a bio-helmet and seeing in infrared

Hi guys,

As we all know, the bio-helmet provides predators protection and the infrared view can give them a tactical advantage over their prey.

Now, I was wondering what kind of psychological effect this has on predators. If you wear a mask or a special kind of clothing, you might do things you otherwise wouldn't do because you somewhat become a different person.
I'm thinking about the movie Das Experiment, where random guys were selected for a role-playing situation. It took place in a prison-like environment with half of the guys dressed up as prisoners, and the other half as prison wardens. It soon got out of hand with the 'prison wardens' using excessive violence against the 'prisoners'.
I don't think predators would wear their bio-helmets on their home planet. When they wear bio-helmets out hunting, it would actually give them the feeling of being bad-ass hunters and boosting their confidence.

About the infrared: seeing in infrared reduces prey to moving red/yellow shapes. They can hardly distinguish any facial expressions of their prey, which makes it more difficult to develop any empathy for their prey and making the killing easier.
The bio-helmet also changes ambient sounds, so they won't hear any sounds their prey makes as they actually are.
Imagine being a Roman soldier and stabbing an enemy, feeling his bones break and hear him screaming out in pain, or being a US soldier controlling a drone somewhere in Afghanistan dropping bombs. In essence, it's the same thing, but the second situation is more comfortable for the one that's doing all the killing.
Being able to see in infrared, predators don't care about what their prey is going through. It was only when Dutch gave Anytime such a hard time that he pinned him against a tree to see the face of this prey that just wouldn't go down. The classic predator in Predators also took a closer look at Royce's face to see who this human was that freed him.

Your thoughts?
I thought it was trying to decide whether to kill him or what but that is very interesting to know

Hmmm, I was under the impression that the P1S (classic) took a closer look at Royce to make sure he( Royce) wasn’t one of the people/ Humans that tied him up or had something to do with his initial capture? ( I was told that Humans were the ones who had actually caught the P1S, then the SBP came along and took over)
I don’t think it’s just the bio. I think it’s the entire experience of actively being on a hunt that ‘changes’ a Predator psychologically, that along the fact that

1) He’s dealing with a man - a being of another species and he may not even be able to properly interpret the man’s expressions if he did see them.

2) Said man has been designated as prey- And prey is to be dispatched.

IMO, it’s these two things that play a role in the way a Predator handles his prey/victims.
For some reason, I don’t think things like blood, screams, pitiful expressions and breaking bones bother these guys. They can dispatch and unwrap a man ( a man that has been designated as prey) with as much disregard as a child does with his/her birthday gift.
Now, when it comes to dealing with humans who are not prey items, I’d say the treatment they would receive would be quite different. A predator would be just as hard with or with out his bio on. Just my 2cents
~Estelle
the other Predators were crucifying him, when they land they build a crucifix and then they fight to see who is weakest the weaker one does not have the right to hunt.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back