Prosthetic modelling materials

Retrograde Orbit

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Long time lurker and first time poster here.

I am in the process of making some Vulcan ears for myself and have watched Steve Neill`s You Tube videos and digested all the facts I can.

I've taken casts of my ears with Alginate and created plaster moulds from those which have had vulcan tips applied and then silicon moulds taken of that.

I am almost at the point where I am going to cast the tips themselves. But in Steve`s video he talks about using a two part F15 polyeurethane elastomer product from Burman Industries. Which is all well and good, but I live in the UK...

Does anyone know of a supplier in the UK where I can get this from?

Also how much difference in softness is there between F15 and F25?

Many thanks for any help you can give me!

Your best bet is to do a search for manufacturers in UK that are doing platinum cure silicone and contact the company or local rep to find out what they would recommend. The other method would be to locate a medical prosthetic manufacturer and ask who they use to source their silicone from. I just did a quick search and these guys might have what you need or at least point you in the right direction. Silicone rubber manufacturer, tubing, medical tube, moulding, silicon, rubber moulding - Primasil t +44 (0)1544 312600f +44 (0)1544 312601e enquiries@primasil.com

Hi Deathlok,

Contact the folks at Mouldlife they are the distributor for many Fx products. They have all sorts of stuff, they also supply Neill Gorton who does Dr Who.

Regards

Alastair

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back