Props from the movie "Leon" (aka The Professional)

Victorious-Jay

This is one of my all time favorite movies. I've seen a few threads about it over the years but they never seem to come up with much. Are there any other Leon fans out there that have info about the props in this great Luc Besson film? Here is what I know so far....If you would like to add to this information or correct any errors please do.

Glasses
Jean Paul Gaultier. Obviously a vintage style that is no longer made. I have not been able to identify the model.

Guns
1. Beretta 92FS with a SGS compensator. Standard black finish.
2. Desert Eagle .50 cal with the cannor barrel. I'm unable to confirm the finish of this gun.

Chest rig
unknown

Hat/Beanie
unknown

-Jason M

Loved this movie, but never really thought of the prop aspect of it. I don't have any information on the props, but I'd be curious to know some of the details.

I stumbled across this rare pic of Leon that shows his chest rig.

It also looks like he is using the Beretta with compensator and a silencer. I could be wrong but it looks like it.

Leon2b.jpg

Judging by the heft of the belt it almost looks like a weight-lifting belt that they customized with loops for the shoulder pieces and filled in the extra belt holes with flat rivets or something.

Here's some pix I had saved that might help:

For what it's worth, I concur with your assessment on the photo you posted. A Beretta (probably 92F), compensated & suppressed.

Great pictures!

I have a Beretta 92FS. I'm working on getting one of those compensators for it but they are hard to find and expensive.

-Jason M

I have these. I think they were shown here before.

leon.jpg

LeonsGun.jpg

LeonsGun3.jpg

edit; Tried using that Pilot freehost. Only gave 7 digit number. didn't work.

Last edited:
I had hoped that the front piece was nothing more than a barrel weight instead of a compensator. Unfortunately, a compensator defeats the purpose of having the suppressor/silencer.

Okay, what the heck is this one?

leongun.jpg

Looks like a Colt Woodsman-ish type receiver, on a 1911 frame, with who knows what type of magazine... :confused

Judging by the width of the mag base, it appears to be a .22 of some sort...

Last edited:
Okay, what the heck is this one?

Looks like a Colt Woodsman-ish type receiver, on a 1911 frame, with who knows what type of magazine... :confused

Judging by the width of the mag base, it appears to be a .22 of some sort...

Maybe a High Standard? Also on a 1911 frame or something...

I had hoped that the front piece was nothing more than a barrel weight instead of a compensator. Unfortunately, a compensator defeats the purpose of having the suppressor/silencer.

That's what I was thinking. I was surprised to see both on the gun at the same time. In my experience compensators, while they do add weight to the barrel to balance it out, they also make the gun louder. Compensators and suppressors seem to be opposing ideas.

-Jason M

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back