Prop Dealer Review - Prop Store, ScreenUsed, Premiere Props

After reading many many complaints about Premiere Props, I can sum it up as:

Huge effort to collect their money.......Zero effort in following thru with anything after. My impression....lazy and uncaring. Just nobody ever do business with them. If everybody did that they would go away. You guys might also write up your complaints on several websites like for example.... "Rip Off Report". There's many websites like this on the net. If enough complaints are registered it will force Google's search engine to bring up all these complaints to anyone looking for Prop Auction Houses. Essentially making your one complaint seen by thousands warning people to stay away. Nothing speaks volumes to a business than NO BUSINESS.

https://www.ripoffreport.com/

He was Likely casing the joint..ha :behave

That was cool of him.

I was in the Marines....so was another guy here.....there is also a 6'2" boxer here as well....along with 3 dogs and ...MAYBE some weapons......

....c'mon in LOL

Dan lives basically down the street from me........no problem.

This all sounds like you are convinced that they all offer genuine stuff?! That would be my main concern, not how fast they would ship (if the do at all of course).

I have good experience with Propstore, but only bought stuff in the lower 3-digit range, still not really sure if I should trust them enough to get more expensive stuff.

This all sounds like you are convinced that they all offer genuine stuff?! That would be my main concern, not how fast they would ship (if the do at all of course).

I have good experience with Propstore, but only bought stuff in the lower 3-digit range, still not really sure if I should trust them enough to get more expensive stuff.

What makes you wary of them? How come you don't trust their higher ticket items? I bought something in the 4-digit range and have yet to receive it. But I trust them, especially when I've already been able to screen match the item...

What makes you wary of them? How come you don't trust their higher ticket items? I bought something in the 4-digit range and have yet to receive it. But I trust them, especially when I've already been able to screen match the item...

Actually I am not wary, I think I trust them pretty much that they offer stuff they think is 100% genuine and screen used where said so. Their presentation is really building trust (much more than screenused.com IMO).

I just think the higher the price the more interesting it is to forge stuff or sell it as something it really isn't. One "good" thing is Propstore probably has a huge profit margin (they obviously need to as they have so much unsold stock). So the incentive for the one who sells to Propstore isn't all that high. And sure they have quite some experience and reputation to loose.

So I will keep my eyes open and maybe have the luck to find something I can screen match or which is pretty obviously genuine (would never doubt stuff like the Pirates lot). It is in the end just the shadow of a doubt as some of the prices are beyond what I could easily afford or write off as experience learning the hard way.

What you're saying is something that applies to eBay auctions from random sellers and big auction houses that put all of the responsibility on the buyer. Most (all?) of the reputable authentic prop sellers like propstore, screenused, propmasters, etc... offer a lifetime guarantee on their items and mention that on their sites. They can do this because they know what they're selling is real so whether it's a $200 item or a $20k item it makes no difference. You can't possibly screen match every piece, but if you know the source is legit then it doesn't matter.

I'm not saying to follow blindly, but don't put your apprehension on places like propstore or screenused because they are the good guys.

-chris

I've been F'd over on ebay a few times (which is normal). But when it comes to Screenused and Propstore, I'm 100% satisfied, that's for sure. That's talkin g from buying items from them at $50 up to thousands, never once had anything even questionable come up about any of the props/wardrobe items.

The only other place I've bought from is David Brandon's auctions and Premiere Props auctions. I've been able to screen-match almost everything I've gotten from David, his stuff is usually legit, but his details (hero, stunt, how many there were, what scene it was used) are all over the place. As far as Premiere Props go....well...everything is a hero piece unless it has stunt written on it, in which case they have to be honest and list it as a stunt. That and their shipping time sucks and overall practice is shady.

Yeah, I don't think you have anything to worry about with Propstore. I'm actually really happy that I have a one-stop-shop for all pieces legit. Without guys like them, this hobby would terrify me as I would be constantly wondering if the pieces I spent lot of money on from shady places like eBay were legit.

And I honestly don't think I'd last long in this hobby. I don't have the money to throw around on items that "may or may not" be real.

Thanks guys, it is not like am not listening. So with all you positive comments I might give one of the higher priced favorites of mine a chance.

Premiere Props is the WORSE... They are under staffed and greedy. Shipping takes so long because they don't have a significant number of employees (esp in the shipping department) to accommodate the amount of orders especially after an auction. They are horrible with issuing refunds in a timely manner, responding to emails, and shipping orders. I don't know how they do it. They keep having more and more auctions so frequently because they want/need the $$$ but don't want to pay who they owe.

NEVER BECOME A CONSIGNOR. Dan will avoid your calls and emails intentionally. He doesn't want to PAY! When you call, he will never be available. C'mon, he is NOT that busy!!! ebay shipping time and standings are HORRIBLE!

With my experience with PP, I have dealt with Crystal on many occasions who was very helpful but I was informed she is no longer with the company. THEY PROBABLY DID NOT PAY HER EITHER...lol Regardless I would STAY CLEAR of any dealings with Premiere!!!

Another thumbs up for The Prop Store and Screenused - I've worked with both companies over the years and have found them both to be nothing short of excellent.

Cheers

Jez

propstore = 100%
screen used = 100%
Premiere Props = I dont really know at the moment. I won an item in an Icollector auction two weeks ago, paid for it the same day I got the invoice (03/14), since than, nothing! I think I will wait for 7 days and open a case at paypal.

And now the pain in my ass, Julienslive auctions.
the first purchase was 2 years ago and it was perfect! They worked together with rockinboxes and dealing with them was a pleasure! Danke Cameron! ;)

My last purchase was in their last auction. They charged my kredit card after two days, thats ok. After one week I got two mails from artpackco with an attached quote. Wrong shipping address and wrong billing address. Shipping costs were 80 bugs to phoenix. Hey I am from Germany. I sent them an email to let them know I am from Germany and the right address. The same time I sent Juliens an Email to let them know, I am pissed. Havent got a respond yet. I got another mail from artpack. Sorry for the wrong address, we attached the right one with the correct price. Ok, Billing addres is still the wrong one and the price for Pickup/Packing/Shipping/Export Docs is 335$ !!!!!!! Are you kidding me? Since then I am looking for someone who can help me to pick the item and maybe the item of a friend of mine up and send them to me via USPS.

Premiere Props = I dont really know at the moment. I won an item in an Icollector auction two weeks ago, paid for it the same day I got the invoice (03/14), since than, nothing! I think I will wait for 7 days and open a case at paypal.

STATED TERMS OF SERVICE:

19. Shipping takes approximately 10-12 weeks from the date payment is received and processed. Please allow additional time for custom packaged orders with more than two standard sized items.
Standard Shipping and Handling to the continental U.S. ranges from approximately $19.98 -$25.98 (the price may vary depending on the weight or box size needed). This rate plus the cost of USPS insurance (based on value of the items in shipment) does not apply to oversized items. Please contact us for all oversized item's rates. Please email for international rates, rates to Hawaii, Alaska, or Puerto Rico. All orders are shipped via USPS, no exceptions. ]

There are several accounts on these pages of just how long they take, but none shorter than the stated policy. They say they have a new deal with UPS that will reduce the time, but obviously the delay was never with the carrier (UPS runs everyday) but when they actually got around to packaging and ordering a pickup.

from my invoice
Shipping Details
We are pleased to announce a new partnership with UPS. This new partnership will get your orders shipped faster than 10-12 weeks. Once your initial payment is processed, shipping charges (including insurance) will be calculated and a separate invoice will be sent.

we will see how if it works :)

And now the pain in my ass, Julienslive auctions.
the first purchase was 2 years ago and it was perfect! They worked together with rockinboxes and dealing with them was a pleasure! Danke Cameron! ;)

My last purchase was in their last auction. They charged my kredit card after two days, thats ok. After one week I got two mails from artpackco with an attached quote. Wrong shipping address and wrong billing address. Shipping costs were 80 bugs to phoenix. Hey I am from Germany. I sent them an email to let them know I am from Germany and the right address. The same time I sent Juliens an Email to let them know, I am pissed. Havent got a respond yet. I got another mail from artpack. Sorry for the wrong address, we attached the right one with the correct price. Ok, Billing addres is still the wrong one and the price for Pickup/Packing/Shipping/Export Docs is 335$ !!!!!!! Are you kidding me? Since then I am looking for someone who can help me to pick the item and maybe the item of a friend of mine up and send them to me via USPS.

What was the item you won? (PM if you don't want to post here) If it's not really big and bulky, I can probably help with it.

Unless it needs to be delicately packed and extremely loving cared for, ArtPack will be highly over priced... I might use them to ship the Mona Lisa, but not something I painted myself... :)

Rik

Despite my past issues, I couldn't help but buy two Book of Eli pieces in the last auction. I have had really good luck when dealing directly with Dawn. Was very sad to see her email is no longer working for Premiere Props... :(

I am expecting another 90+ day ship time... you know, like back in the 70s...

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back