Prometheus

Re: Promethius

Attached are all the graphics I did so far. The font under the Weyland logo is called "Continuum Medium".

Hope that helps

Dietrich

Re: Promethius

Not being funny, but the thread title should be changed to PromethEus so it shows up in searches.

Nice work on those graphics Dietrich.

I've been playing around with these for a few days, not sure if anyone can use them....

Various Warning Labels seen around the ship (on doors, consoles etc.)

Prometheus Ship Labels.jpg

PDF Attached.

Peter

Attachments

• Prometheus Ship Labels.pdf
    45.3 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
A year on from the last post, I too have been playing with some of the logos from Prometheus.

This one was taken from the original sticker attached to the wheel cover on the RT01/RT02 Transporter. The original sticker is covered in 'weathered' paint but is still clear enough to make out the colours, fonts and sizes. I've had to pretty much make the 'Caution' from scratch because it's still a fair way different from the Bitsumishi font which is the nearest I could find.

I can try and supply a vector if anyone is interested although I'll need to find out how to create a PDF.

(please ignore the first thumbnail, it won't let me delete it)

Attachments

• CautionEngineRun.jpg
    CautionEngineRun.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 71
  • CautionEngineRun.jpg
    CautionEngineRun.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
I've also done the more commonly seen 'Automatic Door' sticker - this took even more work because the font was not only different from the 'Do not touch' wording from the above sticker, but it was also quite different from the Bitsumishi font which is the closest match I can find. I pretty much had to do all of the writing from scratch using Bitsumishi as a 'loose' base. I can assure you that the accuracy of this sticker is now 99.9%. Most of the time was spent getting it that last few percent 'right'

CautionAutoDoor.jpg

Please feel free to use the designs, that's exactly why I posted them up. I'm just glad if they are of some use to people.

I'll be getting access to a pair of the original doors pretty soon so will be able to recreate some more of the designs, as well as an exact copy of the Weyland badging used on the original Peli cases in the film.

I have two different kind of Weyland (red logo from Prometheus) T-shirts I found online, but that was shortly after the movie came out and I haven't been able to find any new sources since then. Anyone plan to make shirts using these logos?

I have two different kind of Weyland (red logo from Prometheus) T-shirts I found online, but that was shortly after the movie came out and I haven't been able to find any new sources since then. Anyone plan to make shirts using these logos?
Hi Galilao,

Funny you should mention T-shirts....look what I have (apologies about the picture quality, they were taken on my phone just now)

304F3320-4ACB-43CA-AF5D-69B8EB6C024C.jpg~original

A97A5768-6F31-4A28-8D1D-F02E8341871C.jpg~original

14F08B01-1DA9-4966-BA63-196FBC22F603.jpg~original

- - - Updated - - -

37076B9B-5207-4C7E-A18C-45353EB051D9.jpg~original

77E0277E-63CE-4EA4-8BAE-A1E997BFB771.jpg~original

The text and logo looks a little distorted but that's probably where I should bother to iron my clothes (shame on me!)

I started working on the labels for the medical supply boxes that went up for auction, sadly that is another unfinished project on the pile.

Apparently The PropStore still has some of the originals for sale: http://www.propstore.com/product-images/2146/155331.jpg

That reminded me, I had done these a while ago but never got around to posting them.

Prometheus Medical Box Labels.png

There are two sizes of each label, depending on the size of box they attach to.

Print at 100% on A4

PDF Attached.

Peter

Attachments

• Prometheus Medical Box Labels.pdf
    438.5 KB · Views: 74
Your labels are fabulous! The only thing that I would point out is that the actual prop labels appear to have been printed on a Zebra printer or something similar since they all have squared corners and show perforation marks where they were torn off prior to being applied (the latter can be simulated using an Xacto when cutting out the labels).

Sorry, I am not in any way shape or form trying to criticize your work (it is spot on when it comes to the graphics!). I just tend to see things that some don't. I am still not completely happy with the foil Cortexiphan labels I replicated for my vials, I could not for the life of me find foil labels with the same radius on the corners.. I know, I'm way too picky :facepalm

Still, fabulous work!! Thank you so much for sharing it!!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back