Pretty sure this isn't a vintage ESB mold...

Think you're right about the designation, but also, that looks (to me anyways) like the solid scope rail used on the RotJ blaters. If I remember correctly, the ESB guns were much closer to the ANH guns, with a couple of rifle hammers glued on the side, and minus the Hengstlers and power cylinders.

Definately no ESB mold, correct.

IF it´s legit, this seems to be a mold for the Star Wars Promo tours blaster, based on ROTJ´ish MGC conversion instead of a modified L2A3

Markus

Doesn't match my SE E11 original recast. Seam is in the wrong place and there shouldn't be a d-ring at the back. Scope rail is not the same either to name just a few differences.

'Potentially' is a technical term meaning 'you can't complain to ebay or paypal when you buy it and realize there is no way in hell it came from ESB' :)

sskunky; You should see how this matches up to your pugman.

If it's anything it's a promo blaster, not used in the movies, just a photoshoot. The pugman was cast from this promo blaster. This is far off from a ROTJ though.

The one thing that does confuse me about this one is the holes on the top on the front of the casting. It looks like the holes are actually between the tracks, so this would mean the holes show through in the final casting vs being hidden.

I agree the crosshatch is a bit big for the E11.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is more ROTJ than anything else. Definitely not like the Pugman. It's also different to the later 95' tour blasters too. There are no inscriptions on the underside like on the ILM blasters from what I have been told by the seller. Could be a promo but as I have never seen this blaster before it's hard to tell.... It's also missing the Modelgun Corporation wording on the grip..... the '95 ROTJ blasters did have the D-Ring on the casts like this but.........

- - - Updated - - -

Another thing, the end of the muzzle doesn't seem to have the details that were cast into the tour blasters.... two screws like the MGC.

Wow, this is interesting...what type of mold case is that? I've only seen people make boxes / rectangular molds before

IT's a glove mould. A silicone base with a fiberglass/hard-material sleeve. It's a very common kind of mould to save on silicone.

This is more ROTJ than anything else. Definitely not like the Pugman. It's also different to the later 95' tour blasters too. There are no inscriptions on the underside like on the ILM blasters from what I have been told by the seller. Could be a promo but as I have never seen this blaster before it's hard to tell.... It's also missing the Modelgun Corporation wording on the grip..... the '95 ROTJ blasters did have the D-Ring on the casts like this but.........

- - - Updated - - -

Another thing, the end of the muzzle doesn't seem to have the details that were cast into the tour blasters.... two screws like the MGC.

Def an odd hybrid. ANH/ESB tracks, the 2 rear greeblies are ROTJ. Front nose has no detailing at all as it's just a pour spout.

Pretty sure this is just a crazy mold from a random guy.

If sskunky can't place it, it likely isn't a production thing.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back