Predvenom Finished. Pic On Last Page.

Okay. Now I am understanding what you meant.

I wasn't quite sure what you were saying. I even sent Konrad a message about it. He does really awesome work and you are lucky to have such a cool custom by him.

I have a ton of McFarlane figures but am having a hard time destroying them to get parts for my customs.

But why do not you gonna see on ebay for parts . Mcfarlane already are so rare and you can sell or trade for parts .... I'm doing my second predator and of course it will do.

I am a collector of figures and I have a hard time parting out my figures. I have a few that will be mangled for the benefit of new customs, but the really cool ones are really hard to part with (no pun intended,   ).

Well yo's's... I finished it after a bunch of tweaking and what not. As I am not overly astounded by it, I have to say that it is probably my best one so far. 

I was going for a really colorful Pred here and, eh... he isn't too bad. I think what I lacked in "paint application" I made up for in accessorizing. 

So... here it is all finished up and posed. If you want to see more progress shots go here... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Customs-by-Reyals/275785435883425

So, here is the finished "Big Beasty Hunter" also known as... 'MarroW'.

SAM_0717.JPG

SAM_0710.JPG

SAM_0709.JPG

SAM_0711.JPG

SAM_0713.JPG

SAM_0714.JPG

SAM_0716.JPG

SAM_0720.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed, nice job on the accessories. Makes him look like an experienced, big-game hunter. I especially love the two-hander slung across his back, and skull trophies as shoulder armour is always cool.

However, in all honesty I would have picked a narrower colour range for his skin: you can make a colourful pred with a few dull colours coupled with a single brighter colour. Instead of a blue/red skin, perhaps a brown/red or brown/blue two tone? Cyclone's done some really nice examples of this, especially the one inspired by the blue ringed octopus.
You know the coat-of-arms type colours on knights' flags and armour during the Middle Ages? They had rules about which colours clash and which ones sit better together and they really do help out when planning colour schemes even today.

That said, awesome work. Can't wait to see more of that preview pred!

deepincision said:
Agreed, nice job on the accessories. Makes him look like an experienced, big-game hunter. I especially love the two-hander slung across his back, and skull trophies as shoulder armour is always cool.

However, in all honesty I would have picked a narrower colour range for his skin: you can make a colourful pred with a few dull colours coupled with a single brighter colour. Instead of a blue/red skin, perhaps a brown/red or brown/blue two tone? Cyclone's done some really nice examples of this, especially the one inspired by the blue ringed octopus.
You know the coat-of-arms type colours on knights' flags and armour during the Middle Ages? They had rules about which colours clash and which ones sit better together and they really do help out when planning colour schemes even today.

That said, awesome work. Can't wait to see more of that preview pred!
I appreciate the honest criticism. I wasn't completely sure on how this was going to turn out. But, like I said...I'm not overly pleased with the colors either but I took my time and it turned out to the best of my current abilities. I'm still in the learning process of how colors work and am experimenting with my natural talents, lol.

Let's just say there is more to come, :)...

While there s a lot more to do... this is what I have so far. Netting comes next (it's a good thing I haven't glued the back back plate on yet).

Enjoy.

2013-01-30 23.28.11.jpg

Folsomaticustom said:
Wow! These are awesome man!!!
Why thank you. I appreciate it... a lot. :D

I spend quite a few hours on these and strive to create some cool work for everyone to enjoy. While I am not as skilled as Cyclone_06, Uruk, or others, I feel I bring a different approach and flavor to the table. Like I said though, I am still learning to use my colors, airbrush, and what not, so the learning process and customization skills are still being learned with each one I do.

I am working on another VERY important project at the same time which I hope someone on our beloved forum will get to use when finished. Here's keeping the fingers crossed. :ninja:

Fantastic work so far bro. Don't compare yourself to anyone... be original like you are. It's much more unique to create your own ideas and concepts using a figure as the canvas. I appreciate the compliments, but I get better myself with each one I do also. It's like your perspective and perception change every time you do the next one. It's very cool to look back at your own work as you come along and see how your skills have evolved. Keep it up !

~CYCLONE_06

REYALS said:
Why thank you. I appreciate it... a lot. :D

I spend quite a few hours on these and strive to create some cool work for everyone to enjoy. While I am not as skilled as Cyclone_06, Uruk, or others, I feel I bring a different approach and flavor to the table. Like I said though, I am still learning to use my colors, airbrush, and what not, so the learning process and customization skills are still being learned with each one I do.

I am working on another VERY important project at the same time which I hope someone on our beloved forum will get to use when finished. Here's keeping the fingers crossed. :ninja:
I agree with Wayne, don't compare yourself to anyone, just be you and do what you want to do. You're doing great man. 

Aaaah schucks guys,  !!! I thank you very much. 

I would not even think of comparing myself to anyone. I know what I can and cannot do at the moment. Like I said... still learning my approach and such. Believe me though, it does a lot of good to have other talented work right there for you to study and examine. That way you don't copy or replicate what has been done. I mean, yeah... some of the same parts and accessories may be used by everyone, but it doesn't mean that the figure will look the same. For instance, Cyclone had used the same arm I am using on my new project, but that doesn't mean I am copying him. It just means... "great minds think alike".  :D

On that note, I really do thank you guys for the encouragement and the words, critiques, even the recommendations. I am a fairly open minded person, so I hear what is said and listen to everyone who has a cognitive sense of what they are conveying. That is what this community is about, right? Learning from one another and respecting the work that is done (even if it isn't the greatest) and helping others out with whatever they feel they are lacking in. 

It's the way of brother/sisterhood yo's. We don't get that much out in the "real" world, but we can at least keep a sense of it here where we all have a common interest and something we all enjoy. :cool:

REYALS said:
Well, first of all thank you to all who are checking this thread out and commenting. The Dino skull is that of a Velociraptor. 

@ReChargeable- I am just using your basic Wally World brand of paints and a bit of Spectra airbrush paints. I am hoping to update in time to better paints (preferably Vallejo and Citadel... those are gaming paints and have the best effects and really pop). 

Here is a couple more update photo's. I am killing myself over the netting and the beads, So time consuming... but worth it. 

Enjoy...
attachicon.gif
2013-01-03 00.04.09.jpg
attachicon.gif
2013-01-03 00.05.56.jpg
While I like the skull idea and thiink its cool-- the size seems to be just too big and out of scale for the piece-- But its your piece and you make it how YOU want it-- Still looks good,

eaglewood said:
While I like the skull idea and thiink its cool-- the size seems to be just too big and out of scale for the piece-- But its your piece and you make it how YOU want it-- Still looks good,
I thought about that too before I placed it, and while it looks to be too big, it actually fit's pretty good because it is a Raptor skull and he is a "Big Beast Hunter"... so he hunts the meanest and the baddest. 

I appreciate the critique though Clay. Thanks for looking man.  :cool:

REYALS said:
While there s a lot more to do... this is what I have so far. Netting comes next (it's a good thing I haven't glued the back back plate on yet).

Enjoy.
I'm liking the color scheme on this, looking forward to updates.

Thanks Bensin,

I was really hoping to get this done last night or tonight, but priorities took a front seat ride and put a dent in my progression.

I will definitely be updating tomorrow though... I think, unless my wife has to work, then it may be Friday night at the latest.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back