Predator creation myth.

Estelle

This isn’t necessarily about a character of mine…But, I’m not sure how may of you here recall a post of mine inquiring about dragons ( or a dragon- like being) existing in Predator myth systems, mainly a creation mythos explaining where the preds. came from. When I say dragon I’m not talking about a living breathing animal, magical or otherwise, but a dragon as a powerful spiritual concept. I was messing around today and came up with a bit of something. I attempted to write in a middle English lapidary to make it sound ancient/bible like so bear with me.

( Predator creation Myth)

*In the beginning there was the darkness and The hunter in The Darkness.
In the depts of the void he prowled.
In the blackness of infinity he sought his quarry.
In endless mid-night he hunted the Eternal Hunt.

*He cast fourth a net that is not deigned, for when he drawith it nigh unto him again, he findith an abundance of prey.

*He raisith his spear and let lose death. It seeketh true and finds its blood.

*The might of his bow sendeth forth arrows who span to the ends of the universe *And his dagger and snares want for nothing, for they are always satisfied.

Those who call his name, call true. Umar’whrott! Dragon! Stalker in the Darkness for he indeed is the Supreme Hunter.

For there is none whom he sets his eyes against, that he can not overtake,
There is none sought whom he can not find.
His face resides in the unperceivable and
when he goes to lie-in-wait, none will know of it for his head is crowned in darkness.

Sweet Prose! I have a Dragon Hunter concept that would fit this idea of yours. It'd be cool if the 2 combined to become one cohesive concept.
These 2 lines applies to my design :

*He raisith his spear and let lose death. It seeketh true and finds its blood.

*The might of his bow sendeth forth arrows who span to the ends of the universe *And his dagger and snares want for nothing, for they are always satisfied.

Hey guys. I’m glad you like it! I find that encouraging!
Ei`luj, I’ve some sketches in mimd I could do..I’ll have to get them up.
Thanks for the applause Kare, but there’s more, this is just the beginning…the myth ends with the creation of the first preds.
I plan to use the completed myth as a sort of prologue in my story.
Uratz, I’d love the hear what you’ve got. Didn’t you post something about your Dragon Hunter here? I’m going to have to check it out if so.
Thanks again guys
~Estelle

Part 2 ( Umar-Whrott calls forth the seven)

There came a season upon Umar’whrott when the lust for the hunt grew dull in his heart.
There came upon him a period in which the joy of the pursuit began to wane within him.

Though he stalked the spans of the abyss there was no quarry found that brought him the joy of the chase
Though he overtook all that he pursued there was no rejoicing in his bounty

The bonds of his great net lost their strength
His spear and arrows sang not with glee as they cut thorough the darkness to seek out their prey
The cry for blood from his snares and dagger grew weak.

And in time, those of the void, those sprits whom are taken in the Hunt cried out. "Behold! Umar-whrott lieth as one smitten. He riseth not up to come against us! The Hunter Huntith not! The pursuer pursuith not!"

And though His prey taunted him grievously, The Supreme Hunter; Umar-whrott, rose not up to meet their jeering.

For there had fallen upon Umar-whott a great listlessness. A grieving and heaviness of the heart.

So he, the great hunter, consulted the wise ones, he enlisted the council of the ancient ones. Those spirits whom are older than the void itself. And they gave unto him council and instruction.

And It came to pass that Umar-whrott went on a great journey. He traveled to the farthest reaches of the plains of nothingness, through the blackness of the void he prowled, through the inky depths of the abyss he made his pathways though eternal mid-night.

And when he, Umar-whrott, the Supreme Hunter, came upon the place of Instruction, he roared into the blackness of the void. And the void did stir. And from thence came forth the Seven. The seven came forth and stood before him formless and silent.

I just have a simple question for you would you mind if i copied this and added on to it myself? i will give you full credit.

I just have a simple question for you would you mind if i copied this and added on to it myself? i will give you full credit.
I don’t mind you copying and adding to it, if like you say I’d get credit for it. Were you planning on posting your adaptation of it here? Because I myself do have more to add to it here on this site, if that's the case..I'd have to ask you to hold off on it.
~Estelle

I like your style of writing.
It's bold, strong heroic, your style remindes me of a style which I read 17 years ago when I read the stories of a samuraiwarrior. Which were translated from Japanese into my language.

ok well let me know if you have google documents account and ill share what i have so far if not e,ail me at mcis101@gmail.com.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back