Predator 1 ship work in progress ;)

errors aren't that noticeable really, paint looks great, did a really good job of repairing it too. so how much did it actually cost you once it was all said and done?

Thanks everyone

errors aren't that noticeable really, paint looks great, did a really good job of repairing it too. so how much did it actually cost you once it was all said and done?

The only cost was the initial cost of the kit, which I scored for $100ish, I can't remember. I had all the other materials on hand. The red areas on the initial photos is Bondo, and all the joint gaps and holes as well as the new fin I sculpted were done with Aves Apoxie Sculpt. This was really more of a time factor, because it needed so much friggin work. The REAL pain in the butt was these pourous pockets within the resin... you would be sanding an area down nice and smooth and then you'd hit this area of "pores" and a section of bittle resin that looks like a sponge about the size of a nickel would suddenly break away from the piece. So you'd have to refill it all and sand again. Happened about 10 times ARG! LOL

Dan

lol, sounds like you had tons of fun gettin that ship preped and ready to fly, but hey, looks like the effort really payed off

First of all, I a new member as of today. I've been sifting the web searching for this ship and i must say "BRAVO"! on this piece of work. Are you the same person that
posted a finished predator P1 mother on the website called (PREDATORSTUFF.COM)? If you are, please let me know cause that was incredible! The Green painted P1
looks exactly like your pics, but finished and painted and if your the same person, He also mentioned about the casting being made from a asian sculpter, etc.etc. Is
this your finished piece? BEE -U- T -FO! I a novice at painting models and wanted to know how you got that green to look this way. Please let me know cause i would
like very much to paint that specific green you have for a future personal project. THANK YOU FOR THE PLEASURE OF VIEWING YOUR PICS AND GREAT WORK AGAIN!

toyhunter.
P.S. Would consider selling you P1 MOTHER SHIP?

This was probably the most epic bump in ages...

The pictures on the first page (and the signature of the man who posted it all, Faken) all say "Predatorstuff.com" at the bottom.

It let me see a damn fine kit though, so I ain't complaining about the necropost!

BTW, are the "engines" not actually meant to be the "Dropships" ( to borrow a term from some other scifi movie folk might have seen )?

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back